Direction of Country?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:20:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Direction of Country?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are we going in the right direction or wrong direction?
Right Direction

Wrong Direction

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Direction of Country?  (Read 1963 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »

Asking the same question that pollsters ask all the time, to the Atlas Forum.

Wrong direction, and I expect that to be the overwhelming result, for widely varying reasons.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 12:23:37 AM »

Sideways.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 05:14:01 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyaJ8eR9tzw
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »

The Atlantic Ocean is constantly expanding and the Pacific shrinking, so the country is heading west.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:01:57 PM »

Somewhat in the wrong direction, but IMO i'm undecided.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 11:42:25 AM »

Wrong, but for bitter-clinger-ish things like permanent unemployment, foreclosure fraud, and intensified crapification of health care (with insurers solidifying their toll booths between doctors and patients to extract rents for no value created whatsoever).

But, being a young, i should probably say the opposite because pot and because gay marriage and because Obama.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »

Urban areas, the Northeast, and the West are going in the right direction.

Rural areas, the South, and the Midwest are going in the wrong direction.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »

The right direction.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 01:19:06 PM »

This way.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »

The right direction
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2014, 02:10:16 PM by Reaganfan »

Everything I was raised to see as bad and scum is trying hard to push an agenda.

When I was a kid, we used to watch PSA videos showing Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton telling us about DARE and how to not use drugs. We now have a President making jokes about using drugs in public. What kind of message does that send? It is not a good thing.

We have liberals destroying our country. Literally. Gay people represent a minuet fraction of the population, but you can't turn on the radio, the TV, open a magazine without having it in your face. I never saw anything wrong with gay people, and when I found out that some people were gay as a kid in the 1990s, I didn't need a gay reality show or gay weddings thrown in my face to make me understand and be tolerant.

It's amazing how desperate people get when they want to make unhealthy and unnatural things natural just to make the slim minority of those with socially, unethical, and unnatural logic feel a little better about their flaws.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »

Everything I was raised to see as bad and scum is trying hard to push an agenda.

When I was a kid, we used to watch PSA videos showing Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton telling us about DARE and how to not use drugs. We now have a President making jokes about using drugs in public. What kind of message does that send? It is not a good thing.

We have liberals destroying our country. Literally. Gay people represent a minuet fraction of the population, but you can't turn on the radio, the TV, open a magazine without having it in your face. I never saw anything wrong with gay people, and when I found out that some people were gay as a kid in the 1990s, I didn't need a gay reality show or gay weddings thrown in my face to make me understand and be tolerant.

It's amazing how desperate people get when they want to make unhealthy and unnatural things natural just to make the slim minority of those with socially, unethical, and unnatural logic feel a little better about their flaws.

Lol, m'kay.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 02:33:37 PM »

We hear a lot of bad news, so it can be hard to be optimistic, but...

These are reasons to hope. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2014, 03:09:45 PM by King »

As someone who personally saw Mr. Reaganfan make tender love to a cardboard George W Bush, I can vouch that he is indeed understanding and tolerant of the gay.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2014, 03:07:59 PM by #WarOnWhites »

I think the country is going in the right direction, for much the same reasons as Reaganfan elaborated.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 04:15:54 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2014, 04:17:27 PM by Cassius »

Well, I'm not God, and I'm certainly not an American, so I can't give an indication of whether America is headed in the 'correct' direction or not. To me, in my own limited capacity, it appears if the world is one the wrong track, so to speak. The power and influence of the western world seems to be steadily eroding, and with that new powers move in to fill the void, like wolves in the breach. Our holy Bible is mocked and scorned at every opportunity, and with it the Churches that have been the guardians of our knowledge and relationship with He who is greater than us all. The power of God's conduit to man weakens and fades, and, as in the more... earthy realm, jackals enter that void, to fill people's minds with their own... creed.

So we press on, listless as never before, whilst the world created by our ancestors slowly but surely disintegrates around us. The borders that they drew, the word of God that they spread, our very 'culture', as it were, gives way for new, uncertain things. Of course, the pace of technological development also quickens, gradually expediting the processes as described above, laying waste to human society; destroying jobs, destroying the value of education, hell, even destroying our very bodies and mind as it slowly draws us into our own interior world, where all that matters can be seen upon a screen.

We appear to be entering into an era of profound change, instability and uncertainty. Whilst, of course, this is nothing new, somehow, I get the impression that this will be even more radical than ever before. Not that I can do anything about it, or indeed have anything worthwile to say on it. What am I? One bloody individual of mediocre intelligence, with no power to change anything. Indeed, to my mind, that is a good thing, for I can simply focus narrowly upon my own life, and leave the important business entailed by the above to those with power and large amounts of wealth. To be honest, I feel some hope for my future (though tempered by a healthy degree of pessimism), but I regard the way in which the world is 'heading', as it were, with no small amount of trepidation, if not to say anxiety.

TL;DR: We be headed into treacherous waters arrr.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »

I think socially we are. We are becoming a more tolerant and accepting country overall. Any backlash is just the "old guard" trying to reassert their power.

Economically, things don't look good. I think we've become a more self-absorbed and less compassionate country.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 01:52:02 PM »

you can't open a magazine without having it in your face

What, erm, "magazines" are you referring to?
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2014, 03:19:26 PM »

>Implying that this country heads in a straight line one way or another
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 05:41:25 PM »

With the possible exception of this ebola mess, generally the right direction.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2014, 06:20:12 PM by ElectionsGuy »

Gee golly, I just can't figure out why republicans are called homophobic and anti-gay.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 07:37:11 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2014, 07:38:55 PM by memphis »

Gay people represent a minuet fraction of the population
Straight Outta West Hollywood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yurw5Cf4HY
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 08:31:32 PM »

I've probably watched 10 hours of TV this weekend and haven't seen a single gay person Sad

(at least not one that I identified as such -- I'm sure there were some in the crowd shots at the PGA Championship)
GaussLaw
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 08:48:36 PM »

The world is getting much, much better as of late.  African countries with decades-long poverty seem to finally see income/GDP growth.  The middle class is beginning to exist in many of these 3rd world countries.

However, in the US, we are seeing a lot of problems.  "Inequality for All" by Robert Reich outlines a lot of them.  Technology and globalization were great for the world as a whole, but tough for the US to handle.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 02:43:40 AM »

Wrong direction, as a whole, and both parties are the cause of it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies