Which GOP gubernatorial candidate's plan is better? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:26:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which GOP gubernatorial candidate's plan is better? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which GOP gubernatorial candidate's plan is better?
Plan A

Plan B

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Which GOP gubernatorial candidate's plan is better?  (Read 3717 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: August 05, 2014, 08:54:23 PM »

Plan B is better.

Line item veto is more like electing an emperor than an governor. The measure would have to be temporary. I don't know the details of URI funding, but eliminating state support of post-secondary education strikes me as bad policy. Unless Rhode Island works a cushy deal with Massachusetts state schools, no compelling reason to privatize the university system.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »

PLAN B
3.   Change minimum corporate tax from $500 to $50 Disgusting.

The thought of tax cuts for caterers and small restaurants disgusts you. Lefties really don't know anything about business law or tax law, do they?
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »

The thought of tax cuts for people who don't need them disgusts me. Capital has gotten a free-ride for long enough. I frankly don't give a damn about "small business" nor do I see it as inherently superior in any fashion to big business, because I'm not some kind of reactionary who idolizes all things small over all things large. Big business is big for a reason. We should support consolidation in the economy to increase overall efficiency and take advantage of the economies of scale that monopoly brings, not waste our time day-dreaming about poor mom and pop or the anarchist bike co-op down the street.

The only people who pay the minimum corporate tax are small businesses with virtually no income. Minimum corporate tax is not assessed on income, and generally violates ability-to-pay, but let's just pretend that people don't have rights. Much easier.

Monopoly provides nothing. Look at what happened to Rockefeller's fortune when he was forced to break up and sell off Standard Oil. At some point, consolidation becomes an irrational use of capital.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies