What is a WASP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:31:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What is a WASP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is a WASP?  (Read 9989 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:47:46 PM »

Probably best to not over-analyze this.  I mean for me William F Buckley and the Kennedy clan were way more WASP in there upbringing than any Southrons. Boarding schools, Harvard-Yale, the country club, Newport, the Vineyard, white shoe firms.  The exclusivity of these WASP bastions are gone, so the term really doesnt mean anything anymore- like BRTD's favorite Catholic vote or Reagan Republican.

I assume you mean "Reagan Democrat" (though yes, "Reagan Republican" is a pointless and stupid term today, it'd be like someone calling themselves an "FDR Democrat"), but yes, WASP is a meaningless distinction today. As far as I'm concerned if you're white, you're white, the end. Yes obviously the region of the country and if that person lives in or is from an urban/suburban/rural background matters a lot, but those are only tangentially related to ethnicity.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 12:35:13 AM »

You're talking about areas though. Imagine for example a middle class suburb in Ohio. Germans, Scandinavians, Irish, Italians, English, etc have basically no difference and all live in the same areas. Besides how many whites in the US are entirely of one ancestry?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies