MN Senate 2006.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:20:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN Senate 2006.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN Senate 2006.  (Read 1845 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:28:38 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2005, 12:08:49 PM by nickshep democRAT »

Klobuchar Raises $580,000 for 2006 U.S. Senate Bid

Klobuchar's strong first quarter donations match her grassroots support

Amy Klobuchar, who has yet to formally announce her candidacy for U.S. Senate, has raised $580,000 in the month and a half since Sen. Mark Dayton announced he would not seek re-election, her campaign committee reported today.

"I'm very pleased and humbled by both the financial and volunteer support that our campaign has received over the past few weeks," Amy Klobuchar said.  "This support will allow me to stand up for the people of Minnesota and champion ideas that will make a difference in their lives."

A substantial number of Klobuchar's contributions were received through her website, amyklobuchar.com, and many of them were raised personally by Klobuchar who called people from her kitchen table.

"The amount of money Amy Klobuchar has raised so early, and in so little time, is stunning," said Ted Mondale, a former state legislator and veteran of many campaigns.

"It shows Amy's support for United States Senate is broad and deep."

Klobuchar's campaign raised more money than announced Republican candidate Mark Kennedy raised for the same reporting period, according to published reports.

"This outpouring of support simply underscores our certainty that Minnesotans are looking for a U.S. senator who can best represent them in Washington and who will stand for what's right," said Aaron Peterson, state representative from rural Minnesota and member of Klobuchar's campaign committee. "Amy Klobuchar's performance over the last few weeks has been extremely strong.  And more Minnesotans will be hearing in the next few weeks how Amy Klobuchar will be the right person to serve them in the U.S. Senate in 2006."

Klobuchar's many supporters include 51 state legislators from across the State of Minnesota.  Klobuchar's donations have come from Democrats, Republicans and Independents.  Her detailed report will be filed April 15 as required by federal law.

http://www.amyklobuchar.com/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 08:49:23 PM »

Any polls on this?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 10:16:37 PM »

It sounds like her own press release, no wonder it's glowing in ints praise.  How much did Kennedy raise?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 10:49:39 AM »

I wonder if Ciresi will make any moves. He said he'd be in the Senate race "in a nanosecond" if Dayton dropped out and has the huge advantage of being able to self-fund his own campaign.

I like Klobuchar and I would definately have no problem supporting her.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 02:20:52 PM »

Who is she???  I went to the website, browsed, and could find no information as to her previous position.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 10:16:34 PM »

She is the chief attorney and prosecutor of Hennepin county.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 11:22:08 PM »

She is the chief attorney and prosecutor of Hennepin county.

Oh, wow...
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 11:29:55 PM »

Hey, it beats an ex-Steelers WR and failed ex-QB as candidates.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 11:42:12 PM »

It's an elected position, and there are more people in Hennepin county than there are in Kennedy's congressional district. She has probably gotten more votes overall than Kennedy has.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 11:32:57 AM »

I guess you'll be voting for Rendell now....  Sad
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 09:45:09 PM »

I'm suprised Cireci doesn't have any of his stupid TV commercials on already Smiley
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 08:13:39 PM »

Roll Call is reporting that Attorney Mike Ciresi will anounce soon that he is indeed running for senate in 2006. It will be interesting to see how much he spends.
MissCatholic

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 07:04:42 AM »

Being from Hennepin county means that Klobuchar is going to be seriously difficult to beat. Like most people i know nothing about her  but being from Hennepin always means Ramsey is going to give her a big lead. She can spend alot of time in Anoka, Dakota and Washington. Plus spend some time in St.Louis to increase her lead. Kennedy needs an issue to mobilise the rural vote or he is toast. its going to be like the presidential results. 51-47 but maybe a little less around 50-48
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2005, 12:08:39 PM »

MN: Klobuchar Gets Major Endormement

From Roll Call:

Hennepin County Attorney Amy Klobuchar, one of three Democrats seeking the open-seat Senate nomination in 2006, picked up the endorsement of the United Steelworkers union on Tuesday.

Klobuchar, whose grandfather was a steelworker in Minnesota's Iron Range, is an associate member of the union. The union has 14,500 members in the state.

"I am so proud that an organization that prides itself on the ideas of fair play and responsibility has chosen to support my campaign," Klobuchar said in a statement.

The steelworkers' announcement was the second major union endorsement Klobuchar has received this week. She was endorsed by UNITEHERE, the 12,000-member hotel and restaurant workers union, on Monday.

How powerful is this Union in MN?
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 02:02:56 PM »

MN: Klobuchar Gets Major Endormement

From Roll Call:

Hennepin County Attorney Amy Klobuchar, one of three Democrats seeking the open-seat Senate nomination in 2006, picked up the endorsement of the United Steelworkers union on Tuesday.

Klobuchar, whose grandfather was a steelworker in Minnesota's Iron Range, is an associate member of the union. The union has 14,500 members in the state.

"I am so proud that an organization that prides itself on the ideas of fair play and responsibility has chosen to support my campaign," Klobuchar said in a statement.

The steelworkers' announcement was the second major union endorsement Klobuchar has received this week. She was endorsed by UNITEHERE, the 12,000-member hotel and restaurant workers union, on Monday.

How powerful is this Union in MN?

Racking up endorsements from the Steelworkers' union and other iron-related unions is a huge deal in a Democratic primary.  The two bases of Democratic power in MN are the MN-ST. Paul urban center (i.e. Hennepin county, where she is county attorney) and the Iron Range.  This shows that Klubuchar has appeal to traditional Democrats beyond the twin cities, something that will be essential to winning the primary...as well as the general. 

I think she has the nomination pretty much wrapped up.  Wetterling should throw in the towel.  And a Ciresi entrance, at this point, would be a joke...
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 02:14:51 PM »

I think 2006 will be a good year for Democrats in Minnesota. Paul Wellstone that getting the support of the Iron Range helped him lock up the primary back in 1990.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 07:41:07 AM »

Silly Wetterling.  Senate seats are for politicians!

She should've run for her Congressional District again Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies