Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition?  (Read 347 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »

I'm curious to see the result of this poll. Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:09:39 PM »

Oh and just to be clear, I'm not criticising DemPGH, Cinci, Duke. They have done a good job as VP. And I respect them, really.

But if I have understood before them, the tradition was that the VP just did the PPT election, and then delegated all of his duty to the PPT.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 02:11:56 PM »

I know you're feeling your back up against the wall, but I think you're creating a false dichotomy out of this situation. It's great to have an active Vice President. I wish some people in the senate and the regions would take your lead.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 02:15:56 PM »

Traditionally, the VP did nothing and the PPT ran the senate. The VP would only participate in Senate business to break ties or act as PPT if the PPT was missing.

Starting in February 2013, Yankee and I collaborated to incorporate the VP more in the senate administration, where the VP would administer a few slots close to the executive branch and the PPT would administer the other bills.

Essentially, the Senate rules are written as such that it is unclear to most people how to run the senate, and it leads to something like this. I am not complaining at all about Windjammer's performance, but I always enjoy a good balance. It's funny that the current senate rules basically give the executive branch control over its administration. I never knew that!

Once the Court rules on the PPT election, I would like to see the PPT, whether it be Yankee or TNF, be able to administer more than 2 bills, but I realize that is up to the discretion of the VP. Given the challenges we have had in the past with VPs struggling to keep the senate going, I am certainly happy with Windjammer's job so far. No one is asking him to be inactive during this period.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »

Thank you for your kind words, and really.

This is just I don't understand that someone is trying to undermine the job I'm currently doing by asking Lumine to make a poll.

I really take that as a personal attack. Especially because the person isn't even able to reveal his identity.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »

I'm not against you, man. All I said was, there might someday be a VP who doesn't feel the need or desire or simply can't be as active. That's the only reason why I'd oppose getting rid of the PPT. I think you've done a great job in keeping business going.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »

Absolutely. You know everyone needs to be inactive, politicians, teachers, police, firefighters, sometimes we all need a day (or a couple hundred) days off.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies