Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:27:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Should the vice president be inactive because this is the tradition?  (Read 353 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:15:56 PM »

Traditionally, the VP did nothing and the PPT ran the senate. The VP would only participate in Senate business to break ties or act as PPT if the PPT was missing.

Starting in February 2013, Yankee and I collaborated to incorporate the VP more in the senate administration, where the VP would administer a few slots close to the executive branch and the PPT would administer the other bills.

Essentially, the Senate rules are written as such that it is unclear to most people how to run the senate, and it leads to something like this. I am not complaining at all about Windjammer's performance, but I always enjoy a good balance. It's funny that the current senate rules basically give the executive branch control over its administration. I never knew that!

Once the Court rules on the PPT election, I would like to see the PPT, whether it be Yankee or TNF, be able to administer more than 2 bills, but I realize that is up to the discretion of the VP. Given the challenges we have had in the past with VPs struggling to keep the senate going, I am certainly happy with Windjammer's job so far. No one is asking him to be inactive during this period.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies