Islamic State vs. The World (except Canada)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:15:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamic State vs. The World (except Canada)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Author Topic: Islamic State vs. The World (except Canada)  (Read 44586 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »

This whole situation is very conflicting and some of you are treating it like it's a black and white issue when there's a whole lot of gray involved.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:09 PM »

Sanchez, you really think that we can't claim moral high ground from ISIS? This is a group too extreme even for Al Qaeda- a group that cuts heads off for fun...
Do I personally feel that? No. But from a policy stand point, who is the arbitrator of who is and who isn't right and wrong these days? Radical Islam are more complex than “they kill those who disagree” and “they hate freedom.” We are never going to stomp out radical Islam, and we might just fan it’s flames like we did when we first invaded in ’03.

I hope this backfires. I really do. We need to learn a lesson. I guarentee that when the bombs begin to fall we are going to nail a hospital or a school, and ISIS's ranks will only continue to swell.

Ok Snowstalker.
The great irony is that he is likely the one person who is going to be making sense in this thread.

OK... this is not 2003, this is not the same engagement at all.

Saying the US made a big mistake in invading Iraq is one thing, and something I generally agree with, but it is not a reason to not provide aerial support against a force that had nothing to do with the Iraq War and is perpetrating horrid crimes against humanity. This lot are actually quite simple - they're about establishing a new state under their laws, including forced conversions, mass executions etc etc, basically it is a case of "you're with us... or you're dead".
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:48 PM »

Ah, yes, Iraqi civilians living under ISIS occupation...what scum! I guess they're just all the same to people like you.

Please show me where I implied that.
They're the ones being killed by these bombings, so...
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:59 PM »

Ah, yes, Iraqi civilians living under ISIS occupation...what scum! I guess they're just all the same to people like you.

Isn't most of Northern Iraq (where most ISIS territory is) sparsely populated?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »

Isn't most of Northern Iraq (where most ISIS territory is) sparsely populated?

If so, they're sure squeezing a lot of killings per square kilometer.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »

Western Iraq, Anbar province, is the most sparsely populated. The north is the territory of the Kurds.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »

Sanchez, you really think that we can't claim moral high ground from ISIS? This is a group too extreme even for Al Qaeda- a group that cuts heads off for fun...
Do I personally feel that? No. But from a policy stand point, who is the arbitrator of who is and who isn't right and wrong these days? Radical Islam are more complex than “they kill those who disagree” and “they hate freedom.” We are never going to stomp out radical Islam, and we might just fan it’s flames like we did when we first invaded in ’03.

I hope this backfires. I really do. We need to learn a lesson. I guarentee that when the bombs begin to fall we are going to nail a hospital or a school, and ISIS's ranks will only continue to swell.

Ok Snowstalker.
The great irony is that he is likely the one person who is going to be making sense in this thread.

If I stab you in the neck for no reason, you could claim I was wrong for doing so.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »

Ok Snowstalker.

The facts on the ground are the arbiter of what to do from a policy standpoint.  There is a wide spectrum of radical islam. ISIS is the worst to come around. They are actively conducting slaughter on many fronts. We have a humanitarian duty to the people of the region. Additionally, we have a duty to ourselves not to have wasted so much blood and treasure to have an even worse entity in Iraq than Hussein.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2014, 10:26:52 PM by Starwatcher »

This is what they control:

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 09:42:01 PM »

That part of Iraq isn't so many sparsely populated, they have population pockets.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2014, 09:43:51 PM »

For Christ's sake Starwatcher, fix that image.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »

Says who?  ISIS is the target of these bombings, not civilians.  The civilians were chased up a mountain by ISIS fighters.  They are being killed by ISIS, not "these bombings".  It's not hard to differentiate between the people with guns on the bottom of the mountain and the civilians on top.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »

For Christ's sake Starwatcher, fix that image.
It's like people don't know what the preview button is for (or don't care about other posters).
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2014, 09:54:34 PM »

I don't know why you guys are complaining about a half-inch of scrolling.

And we'll be on page 4 soon enough.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2014, 09:55:26 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2014, 09:58:56 PM by Simfan34 »

Some of us don't have 42'' monitors, thank you very much. It's one thing to do it but another to be an asshole about it.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2014, 09:55:54 PM »

And a lot of them are clamouring for intervention, so...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »

A lot of them are clamouring for ISIS as well. ISIS couldn't mount the campaign they have mounted without some civilian support. And I doubt Gallup is going to poll Iraqi's in occupied territory on who they like and don't like...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »

Or, you know, you could FIX it....geez.  Some people's kids.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2014, 10:01:27 PM »

A lot of them are clamouring for ISIS as well. ISIS couldn't mount the campaign they have mounted without some civilian support. And I doubt Gallup is going to poll Iraqi's in occupied territory on who they like and don't like...

No one is clamouring for ISIS. No-one. Sunnis want to be free of Maliki's discrimination but no one wants to be shot for shirk or whatever nonsense they promote.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2014, 10:02:19 PM »

Not to get off topic, but I wish somebody would address Adam's signature for this very reason.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2014, 10:24:11 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2014, 10:25:57 PM by Starwatcher »

Don't know how to shrink images on this site.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Al Qaeda is against them too.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 10:25:36 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2014, 10:27:23 PM by Simfan34 »

[img width=640]... close tag.

How is that picture so big, anyways? I thought the forum had a limit of 800 or so that automatically kicked in if it was any larger.

Also, Turkey is now supporting the Peshmerga. Let me repeat that for you. Turkey is supporting the Peshmerga. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, the Kurds, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, and the US all are united in opposition to ISIS. Surely this is probably indicative of who the objectively bad people are. I mean, you don't see this sort of unity outside of alien invasion movies. Although I suppose if we were invaded by aliens Sanchez would be saying "we don't know who's morally superior here!" or something like that.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2014, 10:27:10 PM »

Says who?  ISIS is the target of these bombings, not civilians.  The civilians were chased up a mountain by ISIS fighters.  They are being killed by ISIS, not "these bombings".  It's not hard to differentiate between the people with guns on the bottom of the mountain and the civilians on top.
The refugees on a top of a mountain was one incidence and that case only involved an aid drop. Generally, bombing towns is going to result in considerable civilian casualties.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:57 PM »

Also, Turkey is now supporting the Peshmerga. Let me repeat that for you. Turkey is supporting the Peshmerga. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Turkey, the Kurds, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, and the US all are united in opposition to ISIS. Surely this is probably indicative of who the objectively bad people are. I mean, you don't see this sort of unity outside of alien invasion movies. Although I suppose if we were invaded by aliens Sanchez would be saying "we don't know who's morally superior here!" or something like that.
Do you care about our southern border as much as you do the Kurds? Because if you feel threatened by ISIS, you ought to be rather worried about some of the Cartels down south who have done things that can give ISIS a run for their money.....

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2014, 10:33:19 PM »

Do you care about our southern border as much as you do the Kurds? Because if you feel threatened by ISIS, you ought to be rather worried about some of the Cartels down south who have done things that can give ISIS a run for their money.....

I was not aware that the drug cartels were marching on Mexico City.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies