Islamic State vs. The World (except Canada) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:36:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamic State vs. The World (except Canada) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Islamic State vs. The World (except Canada)  (Read 44839 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: August 11, 2014, 04:09:42 PM »

Wonderful news! The Kurds are good, honest and forthright people. One of the few groups in that region who seem to have their sht together.

I have never really heard anything to contradict this, but I am (perhaps as a result) skeptical of the "goodness" of the Kurds. Rarely have things ever turned out so clear-cut.

Of course the Kurds are not as nice, in fact if they lived in the west we would all despice them for being a bunch of illiberal fundamentalist hill billies, but because they live in the Middle East they stand head and shoulder above their neighbours.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 06:45:38 AM »

I read this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/magazine/theo-padnos-american-journalist-on-being-kidnapped-tortured-and-released-in-syria.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0 and I found funny the part where the naive foreigner hopes several times that the Free Syrian Army are the good guys who are going to save him, only to find out that every time, they casually hand him over to the Al-Nusra front. He is genuinely puzzled.

I also like the very casual character of this:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious in a very dark way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies