Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:03:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race  (Read 3246 times)
GAworth
United States

« on: August 08, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »

Farmer's Gazette
Editorial: Wrong policies all around
Written by Betty Jo Sanders, Guest Editor
As everyone knows by now, the school board met last night here in Pinkerton at the Elementary School. They were told the debt was rising and they fired a math teacher to help solve it. Well forgive me, but I feel that cutting the frontline will only make the problem worse, just wait till the wonderful teachers at Pinkerton Elementary are on the chopping block. What about administrative costs? Shouldn't we trim some salaries off of the Board and back room staffers before firing our teachers? We may even want to see about getting that money the Chemical Plant donates and spreading that around, or cutting the funds to the Norma school to help reduce the debt. Heck, the Republicans love business so much, why don't they ask their friends to write off the debt?

Now on to this roads business, the gas tax hurts us. Since when, may I add, did the Republicans become the party of tax? The gas tax hurts farmers in particular, the 3% rise in the gas tax on diesel not only impacts the big trucks but our farmers. On our family farm, our tractor runs on diesel. Those trucks that deliver goods to and from my restaurant, run on diesel. My car, runs on gas, and so does yours. They want all of us to pay more so the Plant doesn't have to. Well excuse me, the plant gives generously now, why don't they decide to give some money to fix the roads, they make enough money off of us now anyways. The tax on big trucks is a good start to finding the funds to fix our roads.

Lastly, back at home, Pinkerton just got over another one of those boil water advisories. This republican garbage they keep spewing isn't helping either. The Mayor has evidently met with the town planner to look at cutting services to those in the County we serve. The County currently doesn't run lines this far north! So the Mayor, and his business friends will have service and the hardworking farmer, the backbone of our community, will not have any services. Does he really want to be known as the outhouse mayor, well I know one thing, he needs to be the out of office mayor.

Come stop by the Kitchen and let me know what you think,
Betty Jo
GAworth
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »

I might put up limited specials at the Kitchen and/or a events calendar. Until the Elections start.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »

From the Kitchen
Week ahead Specials at Betty Jo's Country Kitchen
Below are what our daily specials are at the kitchen for the next week.
Monday
Entree: Porkchops with Stewed Tomatoes n Rice - Bone-in Chops lightly breaded and fried, cooked with Rice and Stewed Tomatoes, a Sanders family Favorite!
Side/Dessert: Steamed Green Beans - Fresh Green Beans cooked in a spicy mix of Red Pepper, Lemon Pepper, and Garlic
Tuesday
Entree: Barbequed Pulled Pork Sandwich - Slow cooked rubbed pork mixed with our Sanders Sauce!
Side/Dessert: Country Dumplin's - Creamy and succulent, what more could you ask for.
Wednesday
Entree: Country Fried Steak w/ Sawmill Gravy - Thin cut steak pounded and tendorized, breaded and pan fried, served with our Homemade Sander's White Gravy.
Side/Dessert: "Pink"erton Surprise - Strawberry Ice Cream served with Fresh Fruit and Honey.
Thursday
Entree: Oven Roasted Chicken - In a Herbed Lemon Rub, the bone-in chicken is roasted to perfections
Side/Dessert: Corn Fritters - Great for all ages! Creamy sweet corn niblets battered and deep fried. One of Betty Jo's favorite indulgences.
Friday
Entree: Lemon Baked Salmon - A 8 oz piece of Salmon crusted with Sea Salt, Pepper and Lemon Baked in the oven. A healthy a delicious Friday meal.
Side: Stewed Okra and Tomatoes - A true ol' fashioned side, like Grandma would make.
Saturday
Entree: Chicken n Dumplings - Combines two of the best things in the world, Chicken and dumplings! Chicken cooked in a rich broth made thick by the delicious dumplings.
Side/Dessert: BJ's Asparagus n Onions - Asparagus cooked on a skillet w/ Sweet Onion and spices. A must try.
Sunday
Entree:  Fried Shrimp or Roast Turkey - Delicious gulf shrimp, peeled, de-veined and deep fried in our seasoned dredge. A whole turkey brined and slathered in butter and spices. Cut to order and served with brown gravy.
Side/Dessert: Loaded Mac n Cheese or Peach Cobbler  - 5 Cheese Mac n Cheese with Bacon, no further description necessary . Homemade flakey crust filled with farm fresh peaches cooked in a sweet syrup, and irresistible treat.

Notice of events
The following groups want to invite you to their event this week:
Wednesday: Pinkerton First Action Committee 6pm-7pm at Betty Jo's Country Kitchen
Come share your ideas on how to deal with the never ending sewer problems, our roads, and the threat to our schools.
Wednesday Night Bible Study 5pm-9pm - Shepherd Baptist Church
Bible Study for all ages, see church for more details and times of individual bible studies. Everyone welcome.
Thursday: Pinkerton Private School Committee - 5pm - 7pm At the Library
Come and see a proposal for a Private school to be established here in Pinkerton.
Saturday:  Pinkerton Regional Farmers Market - 8am-Noon on Main Street
Farmers from across the region on Main street to sell their goods. Meats, cheeses, milk, and vegetables from right here in Jameson County.
Pinkerton Elementary Arts Fair - 6pm-8pm At the Elementary School
Come see the kid's Art on display! A group of judges will award ribbons for the best art by grade.
Sunday: Church Services - 8am-2pm at Shepherd Baptist
Come for morning bible study and then services.
Church Services - 9:00am-10:30am at Pinkerton Methodist
Come and join for worship.

Distributed to residents of Pinkerton and the surrounding Country
GAworth
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:23:33 PM »

At-Large School Board Seat? I thought they were all Districts?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:43:08 AM »

The Info thread says there is one seat for every district and 3 at large seats.
Ah, I must have mis-read that. I thought that 3 seats were split between districts.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:52:05 PM »

The Info thread says there is one seat for every district and 3 at large seats.
Ah, I must have mis-read that. I thought that 3 seats were split between districts.

Nope, so now there is confirmation of the three at large seats being up.

Thank you! Smiley Just trying to make sure.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 12:18:08 PM »

Betty Jo woke up at 5am as she does every morning. Mitchell was already up, which was unusual. "Why are you up so early hun," Betty Jo asked. "Couldn't sleep," he said. She started to make some coffee, "can you take care of the little ones today? I have to be at the Diner and then run some errands." He nodded. She went out to the chicken coup, "move you infernal fowl, before I deep fry you." She was not the best morning person, and after pecked by chickens all her life she preferred them on her plate rather than in a coup. "Well 8 eggs, not too bad, enough for breakfast," she said. She walked back into the house. Turned on the stove burner, "you want some eggs now or wait till the kids get up?" "I'll wait," Mitchell said. "Carl came by the Kitchen yesterday," she said cracking an egg. "Oh what did he  want," Mitchell said. She started scrambling the egg, "Well he is considering bringing up the issue of making Pinkerton a K-8 school. Which is fantastic in opinion, lord know Alexandria, Joseph, and Johnny don't need to Hensley Middle." Those were there three kids. "We don't have to worry about that for a while," Mitchell said grabbing the coffee. She added some salt and pepper to her eggs, "Alexandria is 10! Joseph is 8 and Johnny is 5, in no time they will be going to Hensley Middle." He took a sip, avoiding burning himself, "I am sure y'all are gonna talk about that tonight at your little group." She smiled, "No Mitchell that is tomorrow night. But yes I will bring it up at the Action Committee meeting." She finished her breakfast, kissed her husband, and left to go to the Kitchen.

(I will release the full menu later this week)
GAworth
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »

Betty Jo cleared a table at the corner of the Restaurant. Wednesdays weren't the busiest since many people where at Church so early so there was no outcry. She placed a hand drawn sign reserved for PFAC. She walked back in the kitchen and fixed herself a bowl of the "Pink"erton Surprise. "Lord I hope people show," she said out loud. "Don't worry BJ," Clementine said, Clementine Arnold was one of Betty Jo's cooks and close friends, "I am sure people will show up, wit'll the trouble we have had in recent times." Betty Jo sighed and ate her dessert on her handy stool overlooking the entry to the kitchen and door to the restaurant. The door opened, Bud McAllister, a farmer that lived next to the Sanders walked in, "Hey BJ! You still holding that meetin'?" She perked up, "I sure am, want somthin' to chew on?" He sat at the table, "Yess'um I do, I'll have that Steak with your famous greens and cornbread." She smiled, "sure thing." She walked back behind the counter but before she could say anything Clementine responded, "I heard the order, CF Steak wit Greens n Conebread." Betty Jo nodded. She picked up her booklet and brought it to the table. As she did, Sue Docherty walked in, a farmer from the East side of town, and a true Democrat, "this where we talk 'bout throwin' those darn elephants out?" "Sure is Sue, come sit a spell," Bud said. "Want somethin' Misses Docherty," Clementine asked. Sue responded, "a Democratic Mayor and a sweet tea please." The whole group chuckled.
"Alright," Betty Jo said, "Let's get started then we will see if anyone else comes." Clementine brought out the tea and drinks for the table, "is sweet tea fine Bud." He smiled, "Always darlin'." Betty Jo Continued, "we all want Pinkerton back under Democratic control, but we don't just want any ol' Democrat, we want someone who has the right stuff. Here is a list of names I thought would be good to get to run." She hands out the list. "Nope," Bud said. "No," exclaimed Betty Jo. "Well, Councilor Adam Evans is a drunk and a fool. Michael Foxx is a DINO, heck I heard he gets kick backs from the GOP. And the rest don't have the name recognition." Sue chimed in, "there is one name missing from the list." "I was just thinking that," Bud said. Betty Jo was stumped, "who?" Sue took a swig of tea, "you girl. You give the Mayor heck in those editorials, everyone in town knows you, and you have the smarts for the job." Bud chuckled, "heck, you can't be any worse than what we got now." Betty Jo was touched, the meeting continued and the thought started to run in her head.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »

Betty Jo's Country Kitchen
New Menu
Lunch and Dinner
Entree
All Entrees are served with two sides besides the side mentioned
Country Fried Chicken w/ Saw Mill Gravy - Chicken breast hammered out, dredged and fried to perfection. Served with homemade Saw Mill (White) Gravy. Served with Greens.
Fresh Steamed Trout - Lightly seasoned with lemon and fresh herbs. Served with Corn on the Cob. One of the lighter selections on the menu.
BJ's Fried Chicken - Breast, leg, thigh, or wing. Mix or match 3 pieces for a out of this world meal. You know at Betty Jo's, there is never a bad piece of chicken. Served with Greens.
Grilled Steak - 8 oz. of prime sirloin. Cooked to order and served with a peppercorn sauce and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Cheeseburger - A simple 6 oz patty cooked to order, with either Swiss or American. Served with French Fries.
Grilled Pork Chops - Seasoned and cook perfectly, a bone in chop that is a can't miss, especially with Betty Jo's Pork Sauce. Served with Greens.
Fried Catfish  - Filets deep fried and golden brown. Served with Cornbread.
Ham Steak - Sugar Cured ham, seared. Delicious. Served with a Biscuit.
Fried Chicken Tenders - Great for the children. 4 pieces of golden fried, perfectly seasoned chicken filets. Served with a biscuit.
Country Veggie Plate - Choice of four sides
Pulled Pork Sandwich - Rubbed in a house blend of spices, slow cooked for up to 8 hours, shredded and placed on your choice of white or wheat toast. Served with Cole Slaw.
Fried Chicken Sandwich - Perfectly fried chicken breast, served with Swiss cheese, red onion, lettuce, and tomato on white or wheat bread. Served with French fries
Ham Sandwich - Country Ham, Swiss Cheese, red onion, tomato and lettuce on your choice of white or wheat bread. Served with Fried Apples.
Chicken Wings - Fried golden brown. Served plain, barbequed, lemon pepper, mild or spicy. Served  with Celery and Carrots.
Soup or Salad
Served with a Biscuit or Cornbread
Loaded Potato Soup - Creamy and full of chunks of potato. Topped with more cheese and bacon. Need I say more.
Chicken n Rice Soup - Betty Jo's cure-all. A seasoned stock full of white meat chicken, rice, carrots, celery, and  onion.
Tomato Soup - A creamy mix of seasoned tomatoes and heavy cream. Just like Momma made.
Fried Chicken Salad - Fried tenders cut up into small pieces, served on a bed of lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumbers, celery, and cheese. Served with your choice of dressing.
Baked Chicken Salad - Baked chicken breast cut up into small pieces. Served on a bed of lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumbers, celery, dried fruit, nuts, and cheese. Served with your choice of dressing.
Pinkerton Market Salad - (Toppings change) a fresh salad straight from the farmer's market. A bed of Lettuce and Spinach served a variety of what is fresh from the market. Ask your waiter/waitress! Served with your choice of dressing.
Salad Dressing: Homemade Peppercorn Ranch - Blue Cheese - Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil - Thousand Island - Red Wine Vinaigrette - Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette - Italian
Sides
Betty Jo's Greens - Pinto Beans - Cornbread - Sweet Carrots - Fried Apples - Corn on the Cob
Creamed Corn - Cheese Grits - Cucumber Salad - Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Baked Potato
Baked Sweet Potato - Rice n Gravy - Mix Veggies -  Stewed Green Beans - Fresh Fruit Salad
BJ's Buttermilk Biscuits - Pan Fried Potatoes - Cole Slaw

Dessert
Cobbler - Choice of Cherry, Apple, or Blueberry.
"Pink"erton Surprise - Strawberry Ice Cream Served with Fresh Fruit, dried coconut, Granola, and drizzled with honey. One of BJ's favorites.
Red Velvet Cake - Decadent Red Velvet with a creamy vanilla cream cheese frosting.
Brownie and Ice Cream - Gooey Brownie  and Vanilla Ice Cream.
Bowl of Ice Cream - 3 Scoops of either Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry

We will be announcing a new Breakfast menu soon
GAworth
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »

News from the Kitchen
Weekly Specials for the week ahead
Monday
Entree: Porkchops with Stewed Tomatoes n Rice - Bone-in Chops lightly breaded and fried, cooked with Rice and Stewed Tomatoes, a Sanders family Favorite!
Side/Dessert: Cherry Tartlets - A small tart filled with sweet cherries.
Tuesday
Entree: Shrimp Scampi - Shrimp Cooked in a butter and white wine sauce full of herbs and garlic. Decadent!
Side/Dessert: BJ's Brussels Sprouts - Brussels Sprouts cooked in a spicy vinegar bacon mixture. A must try.
Wednesday
Entree: Country Fried Steak w/ Sawmill Gravy - Thin cut steak pounded and tendorized, breaded and pan fried, served with our Homemade Sander's White Gravy.
Side/Dessert: Zucchini Bread - A surprisingly sweet bread made with Grated Zucchini. A Mama Lewis recipe.
Thursday
Entree: Stuffed Tomatoes - Roasted Tomatoes stuffed rice, beans, and a flavorful mix of vegetables and spices.
Side/Dessert: Corn Fritters - Great for all ages! Creamy sweet corn niblets battered and deep fried. One of Betty Jo's favorite indulgences.
Friday
Entree: Lemon Baked Salmon - A 8 oz piece of Salmon crusted with Sea Salt, Pepper and Lemon Baked in the oven. A healthy a delicious Friday meal.
Side: Steamed Green Beans - Fresh Green Beans cooked in a spicy mix of Red Pepper, Lemon Pepper, and Garlic
Saturday
Entree: Chicken n Dumplings - Combines two of the best things in the world, Chicken and dumplings! Chicken cooked in a rich broth made thick by the delicious dumplings.
Side/Dessert: BJ's Asparagus n Onions - Asparagus cooked on a skillet w/ Sweet Onion and spices. A must try.
Sunday
Entree:  Fried Shrimp or Roast Turkey - Delicious gulf shrimp, peeled, de-veined and deep fried in our seasoned dredge. A whole turkey brined and slathered in butter and spices. Cut to order and served with brown gravy.
Side/Dessert: Loaded Mac n Cheese or Peach Cobbler  - 5 Cheese Mac n Cheese with Bacon, no further description necessary . Homemade flakey crust filled with farm fresh peaches cooked in a sweet syrup, and irresistible treat.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:51:01 PM »

Excited to see this up and running again.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »

Sure, Betty Jo is happy to return to the kitchen.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 10:11:28 PM »

I am down to play a candidate, or BJ, if needed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies