Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:04:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race  (Read 3243 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: August 08, 2014, 02:56:06 AM »
« edited: August 08, 2014, 05:20:44 AM by Governor Cranberry »

OOC: I guess I'll be writing the Norma Caller then

The Norma Caller

Transportation Petition to Improve Road Conditions in Norma
A petition with 600 signatures, mostly from citizens residing in Norma, has been delivered to the County Commission. The infrastructure and road situation has long been a pressing issue in Norma. Especially the Highways on the west side of Norma, from and to the state capital, and into neighbouring Washington County, have long been neglected by the County, but also the country roads to Georgeville show potential for improvement and repair.

The Editor's Comment:
County Republican officials have proposed a small, sensible gasoline tax to pay for the road improvement. A tax of no more than 1c per gallon of gasoline, and 3c per gallon of diesel is a prudent solution, not affecting anyone unbearably, and distributing the payment for the roads on everyone equally, and solidarity.

The Democrats' proposal however is fundamentally different: County Democrats demanded the Chemical Plant here in Norma, and any business involved in trucking or industry, to pay for the road enhancement. According to numerous Democratic officials, the traffic of heavy trucks is damaging the roads in and around Norma. They can not deliver such an easy reason for the state of roads all over the country - that roads are getting in a used and bad state with time seems not to come to Democratic officials minds - but they are as always eager to blame "big business". Not to mention that an even more heavier tax burden on the Norma Chemical Plant is hurting this very "big business", and in turn the livelihood of a great part of Norma citizens. But of course, the Democrats are as always protecting the "common man" before "big business interests". Err, yeah.

Norma Elementary-Middle School Second Best Public School in the County
Again, the Norma Elementary-Middle School receives the second-best rating of public schools in Jameson County. Just below Pinkerton Elementary's score, Norma Elementary-Middle School received a score of 87, in rating a "B+", and a rise of 3 from last year. Supported by generous donations of the Norma Chemical Plant, the school receives better ratings and scores every year, and has left the Hensley public schools far behind. Especially the Jameson High has a bad rating, leading to calls from many citizens to finally improve education also for our teens.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »

Are we able to do something else too, and if, what; because just posting newspaper articles and letters seems a bit dull...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:18:47 PM »

Great then Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.
(to be sent to households of known registered Republicans in Norma)

Petition for the Incorporation of Norma:
Norma, the third-biggest community in Jameson County, still is not an incorporated town! This is just at the expense of Norma citizens. Normans have proved to be able to sustain and administrate their community themselves, yet for every project, the County Board needs to be adressed. It is about time that Norma residents get their chance of administrating their community themselves, at finally not needing to adress for local issues far in Hensley, but back home in our beautiful Norma!
x Mel Darren
x Ann Darren

(I hope all this is okay?)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:14:03 AM »

"It's nice to see you all here! Such a nice Sunday, and being surrounded be nice people just makes it even better! But anyway, let me come to my point. You all know, School Board Elections are coming in, and if there is one thing we don't need, then this is even more Democrats in public offices!"
Mel Darren looked around, and saw the people around him nodding with approval. The Sunday brunch in his backyard had turned into a great success. Nearly every known registered Republican had come, most of who were businessmen that at least once had dealt with one another, thus creating a friendly, homely atmosphere. From the owner of the local General Store, successfully competing against the Wal-Mart just outside the county border for more than twenty years now, to the director of the Chemical Plant, everyone notable in and around Norma had decided to see by at Mel Darren's Sunday Brunch. Initiating with plain and simple small-talk and colloquial chatting, the brunch had turned into a meeting of the local Republican Party, when Mel had asked for a small speech.

"The only way to stop is, I can tell you, because the 'Crats won't sleep, the only way is to get a strong Republican Party, addressing the issues that Normans and other residents of Jameson County care for, and being there for them. We need to start this at the local level, we need to build up a strong Norma Republican Party that will in turn strengthen the Republican Party in the county. Therefore, I ask you to start with regular meeting, let's say on weekly basis, to which every Norma Republican is invited, to tackle our issues, and put our candidates for whatever office in a strong position! I invite all of you for Monday to the meeting room of the Caller, for the first of this meetings!
 I think I speak for many of you, if I see how many of you have signed this petition," - Mel held up a piece of paper, signed by many of the audience - ", that one of our issues is finally the incorporation of Norma as a town. But not just that, we also need to get one of our own to the Board of Education, so we can ensure that our children will just get the finest education possible! Thank you all for your patience, I have finally come to an end!"
Mel smiled, content with the faces nodding in approval he could see. He turned to Gary Carter, the director of the Chemical Plant, just serving himself from the buffet, but soon noticing Mel approaching him. "Mel, that was a great speech, as usual." "Thank you Gary, one can only try and hope." "I agree with what you said. We need a strong Republican Party, and that needs to start at the lowest level. Be sure to see me at your meetings." "I'll be gladly seeing you there. Enjoy your meal!", he said to the man just filling his plate with the appetizers being served. As Mel went through the crowd, he heard just same words of approval. Mel was content with him, with his speech, with his brunch, with everything.

When he saw his wife hurrying towards him, her face an expression of concern, of worry, he immediately knew something was up. "Mel, honey, come to the front door! Through the house!", she said when he turned towards the garden path circumventing the house and leading to the front side. Mel entered his house through the back door in the living room, and hurried towards the front hall. He was surprised meeting his son Andy, on his side his girlfriend of two years, Mariah. "Hey Dad. We just thought to check in this Sunday, when we saw this. What is going on here?" Mel proceeded to answer, when he saw, behind, his other son, Tom, standing there. Yet he was too not alone, and Mel froze when he saw the young man beside him...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:15:55 PM »

Due to being on holiday, I won't be able to play this game from tomorrow, August 15 on to August 27... Hope you all have a great time, and I'd be happy to resume playing then Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies