Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:12:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jameson County Game Thread: County Commission Race  (Read 3245 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: August 08, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »

The Hensley Record

By All Means, Let's Ignore Inconveniences

A commentary by unlovable curmudgeon Bob Eckhardt........

Since I've come here, I've had no end of amusement at the expense of our resident babbler-in-chief, Mayor McCrimmon. God save the wage earners, for the Mayor is passing the taxes on to you! That's right, straight from the lips of babes. Mayor McCrimmon has announced a plan that will fatten the pockets of his cronies, the "wage creators, the businessmen", at the expense of everyone else.

Now, I'm a frequent visitor to the local tobacco store, that's right, I buy my cigars local, not that horrible Cuban stuff everyone raves about! I might have to reconsider my loyalties though as the Mayor's tax plan will undoubtedly end up causing small businesses to shutter. The blatant cronyism of the Mayor and his enablers on City Council are undoubtedly to blame. They love those nice, fat campaign contributions that allow them to stay in office. This endless cycle can only be killed by kicking them out of office come election time. $100,000 dollars given from our government to their fat pockets. I'm sure it'll all be returned... Through fundraisers, commercials and vote buying. But don't let me get in the way of that! After all, it's always politics as usual at our expense...
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:48:52 AM »

I'm reserving this space for later, but I have a quick question: will we format this like the Americana timelines or will it just be letters to the editor?

I wanted to start off by doing the newspaper article, but most of my future posts will be written in the same way that I wrote my Americana character. I'll do my next post tomorrow.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 04:59:22 PM »

Bob Eckhardt sat at his office desk in complete silence. Ordinarily not something usual for him, but today was different. He had a deadline to meet and he plainly knew that newspapers were a dying media.

Frank doesn't get it, he thought to himself. I like lost causes.

Most of what Bob wrote about was political in nature. He deeply hated the power brokers of Jameson County. The Republicans were the worst. The Democrats not really much better.

"No one understands that the world has passed this place by," he said to himself. "Why'd I come back here? I had a job in New York and lots to do. Good booze to drink and cigars to smoke... And the women..."

The girls were always very friendly to him when they were liquored up. They never seemed to mind if he was a slob. His cell phone buzzed, breaking him out of his hazy memories of beautiful drunk blondes who never minded showing him their breasts in New York. Hensley had no such nubile, young girls.

"Bob, you need to get on this," David Price told him. David was the guy who got the dirt where he couldn't. David dressed nice, blended in with a crowd and could keep his mouth shut. He made a great informant.

"What the hell is it now? It better be good."

"Mel Darren and Gary Carter are making goo-goo eyes at each other at this brunch. They're plotting and backslapping. Going after seats on the school board..."

"Figures. Get the young'uns early before they can think for themselves. Thanks Dave."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies