State your support for VP Windjammer!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:53:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State your support for VP Windjammer!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State your support for VP Windjammer!  (Read 774 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2014, 05:37:47 AM »

This is just a simple thread to state your support for VP Windjammer's action regarding the whole controversy over the definition and the use of the constitutional powers of the Vice President, as President of the Senate.
Simply post your signature there, to show Windjammer that there are dozens of Atlasians that back him and his actions!

x TheCranberry
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:48:46 AM »

x TNF
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »

I support Windjammer, but I find it dismaying something as utterly innocuous as an opinion poll over a unilateral change in the Senate's power structure- a pretty big deal- can spark such a brouhaha that leads to high-quality papers being shuttered. Particularly when questions about policy are being asked by government members and the opposition alike.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »

A good newspaper should not be averse to annoying people.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »

This was merely a policy question. No one, at least I'm not, is advocating him to step down. I feel like we are making a mountain out of a molehill. All the tracker asked was whether the public supported a major policy change implemented by the VP. The reaction to this has just confused me.

But The Era of Good Feeling is long dead, so I guess I'm the fool for being surprised. Tongue
GAworth
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »

This was merely a policy question. No one, at least I'm not, is advocating him to step down. I feel like we are making a mountain out of a molehill. All the tracker asked was whether the public supported a major policy change implemented by the VP. The reaction to this has just confused me.

But The Era of Good Feeling is long dead, so I guess I'm the fool for being surprised. Tongue

I agree, I feel we are blowing this out of the water.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 02:14:15 PM »

The Tracker should be re-instated.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 03:22:51 PM »

I will not state my support, and if I'm forced to resign, so be it. I love my job, but I'm frankly embarrassed by the immature overreaction to a newspaper that was merely fulfilling its obligation to the people of Atlasia. I've tried to keep quiet, but the fact is, I am one of the people who's uneasy with giving too much power to the executive branch over legislative affairs. I know of some Laborites who are too. And I don't think it's fair to accuse anyone with this opinion of turning this issue into a personal attack. There was only one person who did that.

So in the end, I hope the paper will return soon. It will be a very sad reflection on the state of Atlasia if a butthurt personality cult actually manages to destroy one of the few things that was managing to keep this game interesting. The Political Tracker offered a good service to this game, and it did not destroy Lumine's credibility in the least. In fact, it demonstrated that he's one of the hardest working people in the game.

What I would honestly like is for people to just step back for a moment and think about the overreaction that's going on here. People are up in arms because the Political Tracker dared asked a question about current events in a politics sim. Sheesh, folks. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I hope a few people will re-evaluate their response to this issue, but I'm afraid it has already ballooned too much and the damage may already be done. It's a shame.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 03:32:06 PM »

I have never asked to close the Political Tracker, I have not pressured that.

I have just expressed my disappointement to see how a normal newspaper can be transformed into making a petty poll by someone who didn't even manage to reveal his identity.

Lumine had the right to do that. But I have the right to say I don't like that.

And yes, I overreacted, so sorry for that.

But in the future, I would like that someone who disagrees with what I'm doing PMs me, in order to have clarification, instead of asking Lumine to make this skewed poll against me.

Because yes, I'm willing to explain my actions.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 03:49:58 PM »

What exactly was skewed about the poll? What was dishonest about it? The media holds politicians to account. The question wasn't a lie.

And no one specifically asked Lumine to shut it down, but members of the administration cast sufficient doubt on his credibility that it certainly impacted his decision. For my part, I do not doubt his credibility and do not think it undermines his work in the senate. Especially when another senator advocated reinstating the guillotine to far less outrage and will likely win reelection in October.

Again, I appreciate your work, and your enthusiasm is unparalleled. But I'm sorry to say that I'm just not comfortable with the turn this has taken.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »

I don't think that was the intention of Lumine, that's why i openly said he should keep his political tracker, but I clearly believed the intent of this poll was against me:
- the guy hid his identity
-And yes, the wording was skewed against me.

I know I overreacted for that as well, but I cannot interpret this poll as another way than trying to pressure me to change my agenda. Because yes, I have a lot of stress with my current job, I'm really trying to do my best, and I'm not the VP ass hole who stabbs the PPT by behing. As I explained, I asked Yankee before doing that. I have my reasons, and you know which are these current reasons.

By the way Hagrid, I posted a recent thread, and yes, Ii would like you to give your opinion about that.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »

The question of supporting one of your policies is now wording skewing against you? And "the guy" hid his identity? Would you care to explain this?

I'd also like to take this time to say that I don't support this decision of yours to take over thirteen of the fifteen slots in the queue. I think it's putting too much responsibility to the vice presidential office and the PPT should not have so much responsibility taken away. It will not be good in the long run when vice presidents are overwhelmed and do a terrible job with other aspects of their job. I'd keep the previous legislation where the PPT has control over that, or the VP can be in charge of a few slots, three or five, to reduce the stress of the job of the PPT but not to take his job.

I'd also like to ask why you made a poll asking about vice presidential activity, because obviously we'd like to have active vice presidents, but this amount of work for future ones might be too much. There's a thin line between an active politician who works well for the game and an active politician who just gives up and does a pretty awful job.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 12:25:29 AM »

x Sawx
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix