Sic Semper Tyrannis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:34:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Sic Semper Tyrannis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Sic Semper Tyrannis  (Read 7372 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »

What happened to the whole "Sons of Liberty" terrorist group? Or are they yet to come?

They've died down for the time.

Oh okay. Good to know... So update soon?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »

What happened to the whole "Sons of Liberty" terrorist group? Or are they yet to come?

They've died down for the time.

Oh okay. Good to know... So update soon?

I put out updates as often as I can. That means that they're almost on a weekly (Saturday) schedule
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:11 AM »

Well, with how horrible Pelosi was, I bet Obama will be fondly more remembered here. If Pelosi causes her own state to oust a Democrat Senator in 2010....
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »

January, 2012: Top Tier Candidates

”Iowa knocked me down a few pegs four years ago. Now, Iowa has given me a great win and give me great momentum going into New Hampshire!”

Both the Democrats and Republicans held their first Caucuses and Primaries in January. Four states held contests in the month: Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Florida. Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) and Governor Luis Fortuno (R-PR) both ended their campaigns before the Iowa Caucus was held. Corker endorsed McDonnell, while Fortuno endorsed Romney.

Iowa Caucus - Republican
Gov. Rick Perry: 23%
Gov. Mitt Romney: 22%
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 21%
Sen. Charlie Crist: 19%
Sen. Judd Gregg: 15%

Iowa Caucus - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 38%
Sen. Mark Warner: 26%
Sen. John Edwards: 19%
Gov. Angus King: 6%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 6%
Gov. Ed Rendell: 5%

Senator Charlie Crist (R-FL) took the results out of Iowa as a sign of failure from his campaign and ended his bid the next afternoon. He announced that he would endorse after New Hampshire. Senator John Edwards (D-NC) read the tea leaves, after leading in a few polls by 4%, and also ended his campaign. Edwards endorsed Warner, which spurred talk of Edwards being a possible VP candidate.

New Hampshire Primary - Republican
Gov. Mitt Romney: 36%
Sen. Judd Gregg: 33%
Gov. Rick Perry: 17%
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 14%

New Hampshire Primary - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 49%
Gov. Angus King: 20%
Sen. Mark Warner: 13%
Gov. Ed Rendell: 10%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 8%

Governor Mitt Romney (R-NH) saw his win in New Hampshire as a confirmation of his success as a candidate, being able to beat favorite son Judd Gregg. Gregg ended his campaign and endorsed Romney. Governor Ed Rendell (D-PA) ended his campaign, endorsing long-time friend Hillary Clinton. Reverend Al Sharpton (D-NY) announced that he would “reassess” his campaign after South Carolina.

South Carolina Primary - Republican
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 40%
Gov. Mitt Romney: 38%
Gov. Rick Perry: 22%

South Carolina Primary - Democratic
Sen. Mark Warner: 33%
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 33%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 18%
Gov. Angus King: 16%

The Republicans held a major debate two nights before the South Carolina Primary, and Governor Rick Perry (R-TX) put his foot into his mouth. When asked what he would do about the increasing number of illegal immigrants into his state, Perry said “Nancy is welcoming them in, she’s knows those wetbacks are Democratic voters.” Perry had been leading in the Palmetto State by nearly 20% but his results was just over 20%. He shrugged off the poor showing, citing it as “an attack of the liberal media”. Al Sharpton claimed to receive a mandate from the African American community in South Carolina and pledged to carry on his campaign.

Florida Primary - Republican
Gov. Mitt Romney: 50%
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 34%
Gov. Rick Perry: 16%

Florida Primary - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 39%
Sen. Mark Warner: 30%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 21%
Gov. Angus King: 10%

Governor Perry got the message after Florida voted. Three days later he suspended his campaign and endorsed Governor Bob McDonnell (R-VA), saying that Romney was “no different than Nancy and Vice President Kaine”. Governor Angus King (D-ME) ended his campaign for President the day after Florida’s results were announced. He had hoped to bank on the elderly vote, but lost that demographic to Clinton. He did not endorse any other candidate and has hinted at an independent campaign in the fall.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »

February, 2012: Hillary 2.0

”I’d like to thank Senator Warner for his endorsement and his support as we move forward into the general election!”

The Democratic Primary came to an early end in February, after party leaders coalesced around the former First Lady. The Republican Primary had a different outcome and an ideological divide became apparent.

Nevada Caucus - Republican
Gov. Mitt Romney: 58%
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 48%

Nevada Caucus - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 53%
Sen. Mark Warner: 34%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 13%

No one took the results from Nevada as a sign from above about their campaign. Sharpton announced that Michigan would be his final stand, aiming for a victory from the Detroit African American community.

Colorado Caucus - Republican
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 51%
Gov. Mitt Romney: 49%

Colorado Caucus - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 50%
Sen. Mark Warner: 33%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 17%

Minnesota Caucus - Republican
Gov. Mitt Romney: 54%
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 46%

Minnesota Caucus - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 59%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 21%
Sen. Mark Warner: 20%

Minnesota proved a turning point in the Democratic Primary. Sharpton, pulling in a chunk of college voters, landed his first second place finish over Warner. This led many voters to question how appealing Warner would be, in the general election, outside of the South.

Arizona Primary - Republican
Gov. Mitt Romney: 56%
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 44%

Arizona Primary - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 48%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 24%
Sen. Mark Warner: 18%

Michigan Primary - Republican
Gov. Mitt Romney: 57%
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 43%

Michigan Primary - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 55%
Sen. Mark Warner: 23%
Rev. Al Sharpton: 22%

Sharpton failed to achieve his threshold in Michigan and ended his campaign the following morning. He endorsed Clinton, saying that Warner “has too many ties to a place that has never been friendly” to African Americans. Some Republicans saw Romney’s victory as assurance of his electability, while others saw the lack of a Souther win as evidence of the opposite.

Wyoming Caucus - Republican
Gov. Bob McDonnell: 53%
Gov. Mitt Romney: 47%

Wyoming Caucus - Democratic
Sen. Hillary Clinton: 57%
Sen. Mark Warner: 43%

Warner, seeing his lack of appeal outside of his home, ended his campaign the night of Wyoming. He endorsed Clinton and appears to be a shoo-in for the Vice Presidential election. The Republicans failed to achieve anytime of consensus - Romney supports stood up for Romney, McDonnell supporters stood up for McDonnell.

General Election Polling - February, 2012
Hillary R. Clinton - 47%
W. Mitt Romney - 47%

General Election Polling - February, 2012
Hillary R. Clinton - 50%
Robert F. McDonnell - 43%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »

March 2, 2012: Return of Terror

”Today is a sad day for all Americans, across the nation. Mine and Maureen’s thoughts and prayers are with the Romney family.”

Sons of Liberty has been very quiet, at least stateside, since the Obama-Biden assassination. Small acts of violence had taken place in the U.K., France, and Germany but nothing within the United States. That all changed on March 2nd.

Ann Romney was at a diner in North Dakota, meeting with voters ahead of the Super Tuesday contests. A man, wearing a red flannel jacket and a cowboy hat, went to shake Romney’s hand. As he extended his arm, however, it was not his hand that he offered her - it was a Beretta M9. Four bullets tore through Romney’s chest, killing her instantly, before anyone knew what was happening. The Romneys’ security detail attempted to apprehend the assailant. When they did, he fired six more shots and took down four more people before he could be detained.

At a press conference that afternoon, U.S. Attorney Tim Purdon identified the shooter as Staff Sergeant Michael Fawn. Preliminary investigations showed the Fawn has gone MIA from his base in Colorado in December 2011. “Early signs indicate that Fawn is a member of the Sons of Liberty, as well as that he had been following Mr. and Mrs. Romney since Christmas.”

Mitt Romney issued a statement moments after the news broke. “At this time, I cannot continue on with a campaign for President. My family needs me at this time and I ask for privacy during these trying days”. Governor Bob McDonnell spoke at an event in Ohio with his wife by his side, saying that he would spend the next “few days” at home with his wife and kids. McDonnell is now the de facto Republican nominee for President.

General Election Polling - March, 2012
Hillary R. Clinton - 48%
Robert F. McDonnell - 47%
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2014, 07:56:18 PM »

RIP Romney, I'm not a fan of McConnell, hopefully another candidate emerges at the convention.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2014, 08:33:01 AM »

August, 2012: Republican Nomination Drama

”Mr. Chairman, and Delegates: I proudly accept your nomination for Vice President of the United States!”

Between the Romney assassination in March and the Republican Convention in August, very little happened on the campaign trail. The Secret Service began protecting both Senator Clinton and Governor McDonnell immediately, and President Pelosi was rarely seen outside of well-staged events. On June 1st, McDonnell announced that New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte would be his running mate. This plan didn’t hold together at the Convention.

Many of the Delegates were upset with McDonnell being the nominee, saying that he only won because Governor Mitt Romney couldn’t continue his campaign. Numerous candidates started back-room campaigns to defeat McDonnell at the Convention. Wednesday night, the first domino fell. The Vice Presidential nomination is usually done by acclamation - not this time. Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX-1), also a Delegate to the Convention, objected to the motion to accept Ayotte. Then all hell broke loose. News anchors scrambled to get in front of a camera as Convention Officials panicked. A ballot vote was held with nearly 2 dozen candidates, leaving no one with a majority but Washington Senator Dino Rossi and Florida Senator Charlie Crist tied for the lead. Three ballots later and Rossi was nominated by the delegates on the floor. By number of votes, Rossi was followed by Crist, McDonnell, Palin, and Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann.

Everyone was prepared for the drama of the Presidential nomination. The media was ready and waiting with live coverage from the moment Chairman Priebus chaired the day to order. Numerous people spoke during the day: Tagg Romney, Governor Rick Perry, former Governor Sarah Palin, Governor Susana Martinez, Senator Crist, Senator John Thune, Senator Kelly Ayotte, Senator Mitch McConnell, and Senator Rand Paul. On the first ballot it appeared that Governor McDonnell may survive the fight, leading him to arrive at the Tampa Bay Times Forum in preparation. However, as the ballot drew on and on, McDonnell’s numbers slipped lower and lower. At 10:00PM, on the 19th ballot, Arizona Senator John McCain was nominated for the second time by the Republican Party. In his acceptance speech, McCain highlighted his military service, POW status, and the threat from the Sons of Liberty.

General Election Polling - March, 2012
Sen. John S. McCain, III/Sen. Dino Rossi - 44%
Sen. Hillary R. Clinton/VP - 43%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »

September, 2012: Democratic Nomination Non-Drama

”Madame Chairman, and Delegates: I proudly accept your nomination for Vice President of the United States!”

The Democratic Convention, compared to the Republican Convention, was boring. Media coverage of the convention was high, although viewing numbers were very low. Less than 30 million viewers tuned in for Senator Clinton’s acceptance speech, during the primetime slot on Thursday.

The biggest piece of news came by way of the “Veep-stakes”. Senator Clinton chose to keep her Vice Presidential nominee secret until the Convention started on Tuesday. Moments after the Convention began, the Clinton campaign put out a press release announcing that Senator Mark Warner of Virginia would be her nominee. In her speech, Clinton asked for a moment of silence for Ann Romney before launching into a passionate speech about “degrading and destroying” the ability of the Sons of Liberty to “continue on in their vicious campaign of fear”.

General Election Polling - September, 2012
Sen. Hillary R. Clinton/Sen. Mark Warner - 53%
Sen. John S. McCain, III/Sen. Dino Rossi - 45%
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:16 PM »

What Ron Paul isn't running? Also what's Charlie Crist still doing as a Republican? Where's Marco Rubio? He was still gonna beat Crist badly in that race assassination or no assassination.

Pelosi can't tell Kaine not to run for President since she's not. Kaine has right to protest and buck her. Come on.

Go away. I've told you before, these are my TLs and I will take them in what ever direction I want. I welcome people's comments and questions - except for yours. You try to hijack my TLs and make them yours with every comment that you've ever made on any of them.

I wasn't trying to take the TL over. My questions are fair and legitimate ones. I'd like a fair answer to my questions.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies