Church cancels gay man's funeral (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:12:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Church cancels gay man's funeral (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Church cancels gay man's funeral  (Read 4497 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: August 09, 2014, 05:24:15 AM »

Ah, the "God hates fags" crowd strikes again...
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »

I'm not sure how we can ban that practice, but, at least, the church should be forced to pay for all costs ther breach of contract caused.

Hell, yeah!  And while we're at it, let's make sure that people who don't belong to the right church are concentrated into re-education camps.  After all, any religion that doesn't agree with what we think is moral and upright isn't really a church at all.  In fact, let's just burn their church down to the ground.  Better yet, why not outlaw all religion and churches altogether?  All they ever do is get in the way of progress.

Huh
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:48:46 AM »

I wonder how Jesus would feel about this.

Probably something along the lines of:

Matt 8:22 "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

But consider the following points...

1) From a legal standpoint, to avoid being sued for not conducting gay weddings, the church (probably) didn't want to set the precedent of conducting a gay funeral.  Just goes to show the blowback when the pro-homosexuality forces abuse the judicial system.

2) Of course, finding out after agreeing to do the funeral created a tacky situation for the church, but since it was a Southern Baptist Church, the people requesting the funeral should have been able to predict the reaction if the church found out. 

3) Come to think of it, why wasn't a homosexuality-approving denomination chosen by the friends/family of the dead gay?  Sounds like a set-up to me. 

Ban, please.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies