Draw the Congressional Districts of the Alternate States! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:13:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Draw the Congressional Districts of the Alternate States! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Draw the Congressional Districts of the Alternate States!  (Read 19759 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: August 08, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »

I can do NC. They lose a district, no?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

Cranberry, that TX map looks nice. THe only change I'd suggest is changing around the Austin area a bit- I suspect the courts or the RG state leg would prefer one district based in the city and one in the suburbs.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »

Would Adirondack really have a GOP leg? I could see the state senate, but I doubt they'd have the trifecta.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »

Would Adirondack really have a GOP leg? I could see the state senate, but I doubt they'd have the trifecta.

It would have been a bit close, but I'm pretty sure that, in a landslide year like 2010, republicans would be favored to win the State Assembly as well. IRL, this happened in States with a more Democratic PVI...

What about the governorship? I doubt Paladino would have won...
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »

It would have been a bit close, but I'm pretty sure that, in a landslide year like 2010, republicans would be favored to win the State Assembly as well. IRL, this happened in States with a more Democratic PVI...

What about the governorship? I doubt Paladino would have won...

I've been making conjectures and discussing about AD local politics in the main thread on the What If board. To be honest, I have very little idea what the State's politics would look like and there are very few politicians I can name who could credibly occupy the State's major offices. That said, I think it's fairly reasonable to assume that a Republican would be swept in office in the 2010 GOP wave.

I think Carl Paladino would be the obvious choice for the ADGOP, and he'd have done as badly in AD as in NY.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:26:46 PM »

That's really interesting (in a sickening sort of way Tongue)! Excellent work indeed. Smiley

Do you think the GOP could manage to do the same with Pittsburgh in Allegheny?

I'm skeptical- they could try it, but the pubbitude of areas around Pittsburgh is a pretty recent phenomenon. You'd probably end up with several D districts.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »

Oh, yeah, somehow I thought that the border was further west.

Anyway, the Allegheny GOP still may be hesitant to split Pittsburgh- it'd require some really ugly lines and a PVI of R+5 could still hurt some incumbents. I can try it though. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies