Islamic State terrorists bury 500 Yazidis alive, enslave 300 women
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:28:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamic State terrorists bury 500 Yazidis alive, enslave 300 women
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Islamic State terrorists bury 500 Yazidis alive, enslave 300 women  (Read 1647 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2014, 07:26:07 AM »

(Reuters) - Islamic State militants have killed at least 500 members of Iraq's Yazidi minority in northern Iraq, burying some of their victims alive and kidnapping hundreds of women, a Baghdad government minister said on Sunday.

The insurgents' advance through northern Iraq has forced tens of thousands to flee, threatened the capital of the Kurdish autonomous region and provoked the first U.S. air strikes in the area since Washington withdrew troops from Iraq in 2011.

Iraq's human rights minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani told Reuters that he had evidence that the Sunni militants had thrown the Yazidi into mass graves, adding that some of those buried alive were women and children. About 300 women had been forced into slavery, he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/10/us-iraq-security-idUSKBN0G808J20140810
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:31:49 AM »

US Logic 2003:

Invade Iraq because "he tried to kill my dad once", because it might have "weapons of mass destruction" and because it might be connected to 9/11.

US Logic 2014:

Actual terrorists commit genocide against religious minorities: Only drop a bomb here and then on some vehicle, because some might be pissed off if ground troops are sent back in and a mid-term election might be lost.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 07:45:33 AM »

But we shouldn't intervene because you know, western imperialism.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:18:46 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2014, 09:28:18 AM by Simfan34 »

There are reports that they have been "systematically beheading" Christian children, many under the age of ten. Supposedly there are pictures, but I'm not going to look for them. The strange thing is that this is only being reported by "Christian" or right-wing news sources, so I'm not sure if that's because it's not actually happening or just apathy due to the fact they are Christians.

EDIT: Well I've seen them anyway and there clearly were headless children, so... yeah. I'm willing to believe it is out of a desire to avoid unsubstantiated rumors but... I mean there aren't that many people going around beheading children, are there? I hope.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »

I just want to remind everyone that there have been a lot of reports coming out of Iraq that have later been debunked as false. I myself was guilty of posting one recently regarding the destruction of a historic church. There was also a rumor going around that ISIS was requiring female circumcision, which ultimately turned out not to be true either.

In a war zone, it's easy for rumors to get started and information to be misinterpreted. It's happened before. During the Gulf War, you had nonexistent Iraqi soldiers taking nonexistent Kuwaiti babies out of nonexistent hospital incubators in order to kill them. During the Iraq War, you had Saddam Hussein allegedly feeding political enemies into a nonexistent human-size paper shredder.

It might be wise to "embargo" links to atrocity-related posts for a day or two until all of the facts actually come in.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 11:50:18 AM »

I am seeing very extant headless children. Unless you want to tell me they are headless children from elsewhere, I'd say the matter is pretty clear here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:59:51 AM »

And the obvious conclusion is that if these people have no problem with beheading children, there is nothing beneath them. If that Church in Mosul actually existed, they would have undoubtedly blown it up. There's little I would doubt these people would do.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »

And the obvious conclusion is that if these people have no problem with beheading children, there is nothing beneath them. If that Church in Mosul actually existed, they would have undoubtedly blown it up. There's little I would doubt these people would do.

Are you angling for a Fox News internship or something?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »

Because they haven't blown up every Shia mosque, Sunni shrine, and Church they've come across. Roll Eyes
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »

Yes but what about the murder of Anwar Al Awlaki. Ameri(KKK)ca is the real threat here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »

Yes but what about the murder of Anwar Al Awlaki. Ameri(KKK)ca is the real threat here.

Alawalki_blingee.gif
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 02:39:32 PM »

Are you angling for a Fox News internship or something?

Listen man, you dont have to look very heard to see ISIS bulldozing and bombing mosques.  There are also hundreds of ISIS' own videos  where they are mass executing people. Sometimes this is a bullet to back of the head, an AK to a mass of kneeling men, a crucifixion, or a beheading. This is Waffen SS stuff.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »

But Gaza...

GAZA!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:24 PM »

Right, right, but at least we haven't accidentally bombed a hospital.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 04:56:52 PM »

At least ISIS never turned a Yemeni wedding into a Yemeni funeral.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »

US Logic 2003:

Invade Iraq because "he tried to kill my dad once", because it might have "weapons of mass destruction" and because it might be connected to 9/11.

US Logic 2014:

Actual terrorists commit genocide against religious minorities: Only drop a bomb here and then on some vehicle, because some might be pissed off if ground troops are sent back in and a mid-term election might be lost.

Another $1 trillion Iraq war isn't going to solve the problems that the first $1 trillion Iraq war started.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 09:33:52 PM »

So...you have no problem with this either?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 09:53:14 PM »

Roll Eyes

Not yet.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 09:56:09 PM »

Roll Eyes

Not yet.
He's being sarcastic...which is funny because he probably supports droning, so by his own logic there is nothing wrong with ISIS' actions.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 09:59:50 PM »

Roll Eyes

Not yet.
He's being sarcastic...which is funny because he probably supports droning, so by his own logic there is nothing wrong with ISIS' actions.
There's like a ridiculous gap between drone strikes and mass-murder + sex slavery-

Oh, wait. I forgot. You're a libertarian.

IceSpear is vaguely interventionist, therefore in your worldview he must be HITELR!1!!!1
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »

Roll Eyes

Not yet.
There's like a ridiculous gap between drone strikes and mass-murder + sex slavery-

IceSpear is vaguely interventionist, therefore in your worldview he must be HITELR!1!!!1
Literally everything you post is a strawman. Seriously, learn basic reasoning.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 10:06:39 PM »

Roll Eyes

Not yet.

Can you make an effort to post once...just once...that involves something other than TRUE LEFTISTS AND LIBERTARIANS ARE EVILEZ when you yourself advocated beheading the bourgeois, an act equally as savage and tyrannical as those of ISIS.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 10:14:41 PM »

Roll Eyes

Not yet.

Literally everything you post is a strawman. Seriously, learn basic reasoning.
That's ing rich given you just accused IceSpear of having no problem with murder and sex slavery because he doesn't oppose drones.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:52 AM »

In other ISIS news, there's a picture going around the web that purports to be that of an ISIS fighter's grade school age son holding up the severed head of one of ISIS's victims in Syria:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28736345

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 09:53:54 AM »

Could we not use the word "terrorists" like in the thread title?  ISIS is an actual army, albeit one committing war crimes and crimes against humanity, not a terrorist organization.  Describing ISIS as a terrorist organization ruins the usefulness of the word terrorism.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies