Islamic State terrorists bury 500 Yazidis alive, enslave 300 women (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamic State terrorists bury 500 Yazidis alive, enslave 300 women (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Islamic State terrorists bury 500 Yazidis alive, enslave 300 women  (Read 1652 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: August 10, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »

I just want to remind everyone that there have been a lot of reports coming out of Iraq that have later been debunked as false. I myself was guilty of posting one recently regarding the destruction of a historic church. There was also a rumor going around that ISIS was requiring female circumcision, which ultimately turned out not to be true either.

In a war zone, it's easy for rumors to get started and information to be misinterpreted. It's happened before. During the Gulf War, you had nonexistent Iraqi soldiers taking nonexistent Kuwaiti babies out of nonexistent hospital incubators in order to kill them. During the Iraq War, you had Saddam Hussein allegedly feeding political enemies into a nonexistent human-size paper shredder.

It might be wise to "embargo" links to atrocity-related posts for a day or two until all of the facts actually come in.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »

And the obvious conclusion is that if these people have no problem with beheading children, there is nothing beneath them. If that Church in Mosul actually existed, they would have undoubtedly blown it up. There's little I would doubt these people would do.

Are you angling for a Fox News internship or something?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies