Hillary is an unrestrained warmonger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:56:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary is an unrestrained warmonger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Hillary is an unrestrained warmonger  (Read 6685 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »

She just criticized the Obama administration more for not warmongering than the Bush administration for warmongering.

http://m.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/08/hillary-clinton-failure-to-help-syrian-rebels-led-to-the-rise-of-isis/375832/#
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see what's inaccurate about that statement. If Obama had a chance to go back, I'm sure he would have done Syria differently. The world is justly upset about the 1,000+ people killed in Gaza in the past month, but the 170,000+ people killed in Syria's ongoing civil war is a graver tragedy.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:32 PM »

I don't see what's inaccurate about that statement. If Obama had a chance to go back, I'm sure he would have done Syria differently. The world is justly upset about the 1,000+ people killed in Gaza in the past month, but the 170,000+ people killed in Syria's ongoing civil war is a graver tragedy.

ISIS wouldn't exist without the Iraq war, which Hillary supported. She supported spending $1 trillion to help bring ISIS to power. We don't need a 3rd term of Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »

Hillary is doing a great job of making me not as unfavorable to Obama. He's looking pretty good compared to her now.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 02:59:01 PM »

This is Hillers one redeeming feature.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »

ISIS wouldn't exist without the Iraq war, which Hillary supported. She supported spending $1 trillion to help bring ISIS to power. We don't need a 3rd term of Bush.

They were on their last legs before the ongoing catastrophe in Syria rejuvenated them. ISIS in its present form is largely a product of the Syrian conflict, which the U.S. should not have allowed to fester as it did.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »

They were on their last legs before the ongoing catastrophe in Syria rejuvenated them. ISIS in its present form is largely a product of the Syrian conflict, which the U.S. should not have allowed to fester as it did.

Are you saying we should have supported Assad?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »

Hillary Clinton is one of the few Democrats speaking any sense on foreign policy these days. The American left's retreat from supporting human rights and the rule of law abroad has been disgusting.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »

Honestly? As much of a moral catastrophe that would be, in practical terms, a quick Assad victory would have been better from a humanitarian standpoint. But no, we should not have supported Assad. We should have supported the Free Syrian Army back in 2011/2012, back before ISIS, but also before al-Nusra became big players in Syria. The result would most likely have been something like Libya today-- not good by any means, but a far cry from the utter disaster that it is today.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »

Honestly? As much of a moral catastrophe that would be, in practical terms, a quick Assad victory would have been better from a humanitarian standpoint. But no, we should not have supported Assad. We should have supported the Free Syrian Army back in 2011/2012, back before ISIS, but also before al-Nusra became big players in Syria. The result would most likely have been something like Libya today-- not good by any means, but a far cry from the utter disaster that it is today.

Well, I don't see how anything other than supporting Assad would help make the war not as bad and not encourage ISIS as much.

Anyways, what's the difference between Bush and Hillary on foreign policy? Because I don't see any.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »

Hillary also defended Netanyahu.

http://jpupdates.com/2014/08/10/hillary-clinton-critics-israels-gaza-op-uncalled-unfair/
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »

Hillary isn't perfect on foreign policy, but even on that issue (along with all others), she's better than the Republican president we're sure to have come 2017 if she isn't our next nominee.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 03:25:35 PM »

Hillary isn't perfect on foreign policy, but even on that issue (along with all others), she's better than the Republican president we're sure to have come 2017 if she isn't our next nominee.

Paul isn't as bad as Hillary on foreign policy.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »

Beautiful. The more she speaks on foreign policy, the more I remember why I used to like her. She'll do just fine. Good luck, Rand.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 03:36:50 PM »

Criticizing someone as being too old to be president is probably not a good avenue for her to go down.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 03:44:35 PM »

Hillary is John McCain!
CountryClassSF

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »

No, actually. The radical islamists who are SLAUGHTERING Christians in Iraq are warmongers.  We're defending humanity against jihadist scum. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 03:54:01 PM »

No, actually. The radical islamists who are SLAUGHTERING Christians in Iraq are warmongers.  We're defending humanity against jihadist scum. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

And thanks to Obama's "overly cautious" foreign policy, the Kurds just took back 2 towns.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/10/islamic-state_n_5666195.html
CountryClassSF

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 04:01:21 PM »

Hillary is pro-war on terror and pro-military.  The silver lining if she wins is the Code Pink wing of the Dems loses.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 04:13:18 PM »

This is why Rand Paul polls the best against her, she has a glass jaw on civil liberties and foreign policy
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »

You're questioned about how Hillary's completely accurate depiction of the current situation in Syria is wrong, and you respond with "muh Iraq War vote"?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »

I don't see how wanting to protect our country (and other countries) from terrorism makes one an "unrestrained warmonger." The thing that most of the so-called "True Progressives" on this forum can't seem to understand is that you cannot negotiate with terrorists. When you second-guess a terrorist, that's how innocent lives are lost. Hillary understands this, having watched her constituents attacked on September 11, 2001. Hillary knows that diplomacy is the best policy for negotiating in foreign affairs and understands that war should always be the last option. She has the knowledge and experience to truly understand how the world works having visited over 150 countries during her tenure at Secretary of State. I would trust her more on foreign policy than I would any alleged "dove."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »

Guys, Obama is certainly no dove, and she is strongly attacking him for not being enough of a warmonger.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 04:17:32 PM »

I don't see how wanting to protect our country (and other countries) from terrorism makes one an "unrestrained warmonger." The thing that most of the so-called "True Progressives" on this forum can't seem to understand is that you cannot negotiate with terrorists. When you second-guess a terrorist, that's how innocent lives are lost. Hillary understands this, having watched her constituents attacked on September 11, 2001. Hillary knows that diplomacy is the best policy for negotiating in foreign affairs and understands that war should always be the last option. She has the knowledge and experience to truly understand how the world works having visited over 150 countries during her tenure at Secretary of State. I would trust her more on foreign policy than I would any alleged "dove."

I just love Heartland Democrats!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 04:33:20 PM »

Paul isn't as bad as Hillary on foreign policy.

I disagree, but even if that were true, Hillary would still be a far better president than him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies