Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:29:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Fascist pigs kill father for holding an air gun  (Read 7186 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 06:21:31 PM »

Why do headline writers like to overstate things?  Air guns are not toys, tho I will admit some mistakenly think so, apparently including the victim here.

He was holding an air gun being sold by a store that sells air guns in the section of the store that sells air guns, right? Why should that be disallowed?

The article indicated he was shot in the toy section, which unless Ohio Wal-Marts are laid out considerably differently from any other Wal-Mart I have been in, is not the section that has the air guns. Air guns are not toys folks, and they do not have the day-glow orange marking toy guns are required to have.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »

Why do headline writers like to overstate things?  Air guns are not toys, tho I will admit some mistakenly think so, apparently including the victim here.

He was holding an air gun being sold by a store that sells air guns in the section of the store that sells air guns, right? Why should that be disallowed?

The article indicated he was shot in the toy section, which unless Ohio Wal-Marts are laid out considerably differently from any other Wal-Mart I have been in, is not the section that has the air guns. Air guns are not toys folks, and they do not have the day-glow orange marking toy guns are required to have.

Regardless, Ohio is an open-carry state.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »

Cops shouldn't be allowed to carry weapons unless they're on a mission that requires them to (such as chasing an armed criminal).  It should also be required that they have taken a certain number of psychology courses before they become cops.

These bums are worse than animals.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 07:07:31 PM »

I think you're missing the point here...
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »

Do you dispute police often make mistakes like this?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »

Usually when the dude is black. I'm sure you are fine with that, aren't you?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:12 PM »

PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:59 PM »

Usually when the dude is black. I'm sure you are fine with that, aren't you?
I think it's wrong that this happens; the problem is that most of America doesn't so nothing can be done about it. It makes the most sense to sigh and go on with one's day.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »

Cops shouldn't be allowed to carry weapons unless they're on a mission that requires them to (such as chasing an armed criminal). 

This wouldn't have solved anything, considering that the report said he was armed.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 12:47:48 AM »

I think you're straining over backward to prove your anti-pig credentials.  In this case someone was waving around what looks like a firearm (and incidentally can cause real harm, tho not as much as a firearm). It caused a stir and caused the cops to be called.  The guy was still there when they arrived and still waving it around.  The cops told him to put the gun down and he didn't comply.  Perhaps you think the cops should have waited until the guy started shooting to respond so that they could see whether or not it was an air gun or a firearm, but no, under the circumstances I'm not going to fault them for not taking additional risk by waiting for the guy to shoot first. Or perhaps you think the cops should have shot only to incapacitate?  The only people who should shoot to incapacitate are actors and idiots.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 03:52:13 AM »

It seems there have been a lot of murders by police lately.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »

Ok, now I see. 
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 01:56:12 PM »

I think you're straining over backward to prove your anti-pig credentials.  In this case someone was waving around what looks like a firearm (and incidentally can cause real harm, tho not as much as a firearm). It caused a stir and caused the cops to be called.  The guy was still there when they arrived and still waving it around.  The cops told him to put the gun down and he didn't comply.  Perhaps you think the cops should have waited until the guy started shooting to respond so that they could see whether or not it was an air gun or a firearm, but no, under the circumstances I'm not going to fault them for not taking additional risk by waiting for the guy to shoot first. Or perhaps you think the cops should have shot only to incapacitate?  The only people who should shoot to incapacitate are actors and idiots.

So...every idiot open carrying into restaurants and stores can be called upon at any moment by police to drop their weapon and killed if they don't immediately comply, right?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »

So...every idiot black open carrying into restaurants and stores can be called upon at any moment by police to drop their weapon and killed if they don't immediately comply, right?

Ftfy, and I agree by the way.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »

In your opinion, does the 2nd amendment apply to black people? I am pretty sure what the founding fathers would have wanted....
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 07:00:56 PM »

I can assure I care nothing for my "anti-pig credentials." I would never make a sweeping anti-police post, ever.

Yes, the cops should have noticed the orange tip on the fake gun (I won't call it a toy if you insist), there has been no indication that the man was waving the gun around or pointing it at anyone, especially not the police. And yes, the cops should always shoot to cause a non-fatal injury, which is an obvious no-brainer.

There's no way around the fact that the cops royally f***ed this one up. Like others have said, the cool thing for super-right wing whites to do lately is to carry around real weapons in public, and we've yet to have an incident like this.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 12:44:42 AM by True Federalist »

So...every idiot open carrying into restaurants and stores can be called upon at any moment by police to drop their weapon and killed if they don't immediately comply, right?

For whatever reason, the situation was such that 911 had been called.  There's a world of difference between open carry of a holstered weapon and carrying one in a manner suggestive of being ready to use at any time.  Now if his fingers were nowhere near the trigger, then yeah, the cops here made a major mistake in shooting, but so far no one seems to be claiming that's the case.

It is sort of surprising this case got a thread well before a fairly obvious case of what is at least manslaughter by cop and quite possibly murder by cop.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 12:18:40 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 12:37:29 AM by True Federalist »

In your opinion, does the 2nd amendment apply to black people? I am pretty sure what the founding fathers would have wanted....

Yes, the 2nd amendment applies to all.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 12:36:12 AM »

Yes, the cops should have noticed the orange tip on the fake gun (I won't call it a toy if you insist),

There is no orange tip on an MK-177.  Indeed, I would argue that air guns should definitely NOT have orange tips as while they do not use gunpowder they are real weapons and thus real guns. They shoot a projectile that can cause serious damage and are not toy guns or fake guns.

And yes, the cops should always shoot to cause a non-fatal injury, which is an obvious no-brainer.

No, if you're going to fire a gun, fire to incapacitate, which means potentially killing the target.  If the situation isn't at the point where firing to incapacitate is not appropriate, then the situation is such that firing at all in not appropriate.

There's no way around the fact that the cops royally f***ed this one up.

They may well have made some mistakes, but treating the deceased as if he were holding a real gun is not one of them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 12:55:03 AM »

No it does not. The NRA and Ronald Reagan supported gun control for black people.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2013/01/black_panthers_and_gun_control_the_nras_flip_flop.html
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 12:56:32 AM »

Who said he was waving it at people?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:45 AM »

And yes, the cops should always shoot to cause a non-fatal injury, which is an obvious no-brainer.
That's dumb and dangerous and movie sh**t.  They shoot to stop the threat, period.  That's the only reason to ever shoot somebody.  To stop a threat.  If you're using a handgun, that normally means several shots at center mass as one round from most hand guns won't stop a motivated healthy adult human.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 08:13:20 AM »

No one. Ernest is channeling his inner WalterMitty here.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 08:17:54 AM »

No one. Ernest is channeling his inner WalterMitty here.

From what I've been reading about this, the person who called 911 said that. Don't know if it has been corroborated by anyone else.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 08:27:40 AM »

So if I saw an open carry demonstration and then called 911, then would the cops be justified in killing some of those guys?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies