The best post in forum history?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:04:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The best post in forum history?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The best post in forum history?  (Read 1478 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2014, 10:44:35 PM »

Discuss and nominate. My personal choice is by Napoleon in a thread that Einzige made about prostitution--that thread is lost to the ages, but I saved the thread:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:45:47 PM »

Probably one of poor, innocent old opebo's many gems.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »

Probably one of poor, innocent old opebo's many gems.

Opebo's first post in the first Update thread about the electric company ended up carrying as much weight and truth as any post in history.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2014, 11:04:56 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx »

Naso's 9/11 post.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:02:21 PM »

Note that the system is undergoing a custom upgrade that will make several upgrades and changes to the mod system.

- All posts reported and moderated are now given a rating from 1 to 10 based on the "badness" of the post.  These ratings accumulate (sum) into a category called "Infraction Points".

- You can now see on your profile page the number of reported posts, the number of moderated posts, and total infraction points (visible only by account owner).

- You can now see a list of moderated posts with moderator action, post rating, and reason shown below the moderated post.  Just click on the number of moderated posts on your profile page.

- An automated system is being developed to set accounts into states of "Warning", "Mod Review", and "Banned" when the number of infraction points exceed certain thresholds (to be determined).

- Infraction points will expire three months after mod action was taken.  Posts moderated prior to Monday of this week have not been awarded any infraction points.

- Warning messages (PM) will be sent when you near the thresholds.  Posts will no longer be included in these PMs, rather you can view your posts that received moderator action from a link on your profile page (link will be included in PM).

Note that this is essentially adding another dimension to the existing system, providing more information for the user, and some additional automation to help the moderators.  The system still maintains flexibility in the ability to appeal mod actions.  As always, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Dave

[/kidding]
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:35:58 AM »

I'm afraid that Obama's election in 2008 was entirely about voters in the middle (virtually all of whom are white of course) choosing to vote for him despite their preference for a white, because of an overwhelming reason - the Republicans had just destroyed the economy.

Now, in 2012, there is no overwhelming reason to vote for a black (of course, the Republicans will destroy the economy again, eventually, but this is impossible for most swing voters to understand). Without the overwhelming reason of a crisis or a white opponent who is clearly antipathetic to them, there is no way that these white working class voters will preference a black.

As Politico has said, all Romney needed to do was appear 'not a monster', and he is right, though he doesn't give the right reason.  The reason is racism.  White working class swing voters flirted with voting Obama when Romney was seen as the epitome of the class which is destroying them, but now that they saw him, a white man in a suit, lying well and in a soothing tone, next to a black - well, its all over with them.

The key is - seeing a black next to a white.  It is that simple I'm afraid:

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 03:13:35 AM »

Anything Mechaman has ever drunk posted.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »

I hope no one other than Einzige has missed the point of this thread - jmfcst wanted to brag.  And now he has, and we have listened.

Good for you, jmfcst, for the high income.  Kudos, enjoy it.. or at any rate what ever passes for 'enjoy' in your case.  You are very right to value your social position and its material reward, and to remind others of their inferior position.  This is good old fashioned simian behavior, and nothing the rest of us have any basis to question. 

I present my submission to you in (symbolic) kind:

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »

That's actually the best thread in Forum History........hands down.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 01:10:58 PM »

Not the best, but here's the funniest:

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »

I was cracking up in public re-reading this one this morning.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 04:39:05 PM »

the vanderblubb bushie parody.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:47:08 PM »

This thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195876.0
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 05:21:24 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »

There is simply no way it can be any other one than one of these two:

No, no, no.  If you are a poor, and you have a job at the Electric Company, you stay there, and say 'yes sir' and 'no sir, and just batten down the hatches and wait.  It will all be over soon enough.  No need to rush it by getting conned up the a**s by some Kiwi b******s and ending up living under a bridge.

Seriously, I know poors who work at the Power Company (true they're from the previous unionized generations so they made $70,000/year, but still), and they survived.  Every one of them - and they will get to die in hospitals with medical treatments.  Yes, Public Utilities are not government jobs, but they're the next best thing.

ok, Inks, I won't curse you out.  just don't do that anymore.  because you want the numbers to look a certain way.  we all do.  but hey, it doesn't work out like that.  let me tell you a story, Inks.  back in the summer I hung out with this group.  we called it, The Group.  we hung out from mid-afternoon everyday to past midnight.  but then this girl came in.  well, she was there anyway, but she ed sh**t up hardcore.  and one of my friends was in love with her, but it was painfully obviously he'd never get with her.  then another of my friends fell in love with her around August 10th.  and she actually liked him.  but there was a problem.  my two friends that were in love with the same girl, they had been best friends forever.  literally.  so the friend that.  oh who cares.  the point is, it ed sh**t up.  and now The Group is no longer.  and I've tried to wink towards my past, but winking towards it doesn't work.  I've become obsessed with it.  and I want The Group back, but it's no longer.  I want the numbers to look a certain way.  but they don't.  sorry Inks.  it happens.  so don't mess with my entries and I won't mess with yours.  it's better that way.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »

Yes! The one with the grapes! That was legendary.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2014, 10:22:04 PM by Vosem »

Does a full, original account of the "De-mod Gustaf" thread ( https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=114348.25 ) still exist somewhere? It would have to be something from that. Or Vander Blubb's timeline about Obama eating Joe Lieberman.

EDIT: I miss Vander Blubb. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=105572.0
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »

Mods will have access to it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies