SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:17:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991)  (Read 100235 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2004, 04:10:45 PM »

Surprise  *looks at calender* Dang that's a long time but I know how stressful/evil exams are! Good luck!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2004, 04:35:22 PM »

Now that AP exams have been compeleted for me, I'll start working on the TL again!  Maybe I'll have the next part up tomorrow Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2004, 04:36:24 PM »

Now that AP exams have been compeleted for me, I'll start working on the TL again!  Maybe I'll have the next part up tomorrow Smiley

\/\/007!

Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2004, 05:47:03 PM »

*crosses fingers and hopes there's a new post tomorrow with some new states joining too*
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2004, 06:17:56 PM »

*thinks it'd be good if MacArthur was elected President at some point in this what-if*

Hey it's as probable as anything else...
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2004, 06:35:48 PM »

*thinks it'd be good if MacArthur was elected President at some point in this what-if*

*thinks it'd be good if I was elected President at some point in this what-if*
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2004, 08:31:21 PM »

*thinks it'd be good if I was elected President at some point in this what-if*

*Thinks if it goes that far into the future maybe he should be elected President 8 years before Ilikeverin...*
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2004, 03:26:12 PM »

Yeah
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2004, 09:45:41 PM »

Due to other problems, I can't update today, but hopefully I can update tomorrow!  Sorry Smiley
And I'll probably have time to extend this past 2100 Wink
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2004, 09:49:43 PM »

Due to other problems, I can't update today, but hopefully I can update tomorrow!  Sorry Smiley
And I'll probably have time to extend this past 2100 Wink

Come on put me in there as a successful President Cheesy
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2004, 09:57:26 PM »

let's see, ILV and WC, what are your first and last names and year you turn 35?
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2004, 10:02:06 PM »

Just put me down as Michael Robert Lane and I turn 35 in late Jan. 2041.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2004, 10:06:49 PM »

hmmm, that'd mean you're boon in 2006 . . . Smiley
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2004, 10:43:01 PM »

hmmm, that'd mean you're boon in 2006 . . . Smiley

Sorry meant 2021 hit the wrong frigging button...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2004, 01:53:44 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2004, 01:54:01 AM by StatesRights »

I will be elligible to run for the 2016 election! Jeff Wallnöfer! Write me into your story! Win or lose put me in!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2004, 07:17:54 AM »

If possible I'd like to be included in this TL, win or lose it doesn't matter either.

Ryan Noble, I'd be elligable to run in 2024!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2004, 07:57:05 AM »

let's see, ILV and WC, what are your first and last names and year you turn 35?

Put me down as Chris... uh... Johnson (Tongue not real name).

I turn 35 in 2025!
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2004, 11:46:10 AM »

I'm wondering if we'll see any Presidential candidates from outside the continental US.  Central American has been part of the country for almost 100 years, and we still haven't seen any hispanics running.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2004, 11:50:30 AM »

I'm wondering if we'll see any Presidential candidates from outside the continental US.  Central American has been part of the country for almost 100 years, and we still haven't seen any hispanics running.

Vincente Fox for President!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2004, 11:04:40 PM »

Just to update, I'm now in the mid-1940's but I'm going to wait until I finish totally with World War II until I post it here.
Just for a preview, WWII involves 3 alliances!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2004, 08:24:49 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2004, 08:25:46 PM by Senator Harry, PPT-Senate »

1937—FDR is inaugurated as the 34th president.  Hitler announces that he seeks to add much of Austria-Hungary to Germany, maybe even all of it.  A-H declines.  FDR announces that the US will honor its alliance with A-H.  A-H, the US, Netherlands, and Belgium, decide to start disassociating with Germany.  Atlantica, Italy, and the USSR sign the Pact of Eternity, a symbol of their permanent alliance.  Hitler’s Germany is caught in the middle of the two largening alliances.

1938—Japan, Brazil, and Germany sign a treaty of friendship known as the Axis.  Quebec, under new leadership, decides to join it.  The US-centered alliance official reforms itself into the “Group of Six.”  The United South American Republic announces its intention to join the Pact of Eternity.
The Axis:
Brazil, Germany, Japan, Quebec
The Group of Six:
Argentina, Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, United States
The Pact of Eternity:
Atlantica, Italy, USSR, USAR

1939—The US Congress is in turmoil; the Progressives and Conservatives are both split by isolationist and pro-foreign groups.  Many want the US to withdraw from the Group of Six and focus on domestic issues.  On July 1, Germany announces that it will occupy part of Austria-Hungary.  The Group of Six declares war on The Axis, and World War II is on.  The Pact of Eternity proclaims neutrality.  Troops begin movement in Africa.  Skirmishes begin in South America.

~There are WWII maps on the next page Smiley ~

1940—Belgium and the Netherlands are overrun, as is much of Austria-Hungary.  Both sides ask the Pact of Eternity to join, but to no avail.  Germany sweeps through Northern A-H.  Germany is pushed back at Paris by the Allies.  US Soldiers are drafted and chiefly sent to Europe.  In Africa, German troops capture part of former Netherlands territory.  The remaining Belgian and Dutch territory remains in limbo, somewhat independent.  Brazil captures America’s Guyanas, and begins moving into Argentina, finding them drastically unprepared for war.  Japan moves into Manchuria.
In the presidential election, the Conservatives and Progressives run a coalition ticket, with FDR and Wendell Wilkie, and win 888 electoral votes.  Norman Thomas runs again under the CCF, and wins the same 70 electoral votes as he did in 1936.  Quebec fortifies its cities for a US invasion.

1941—Portugal joins the US in March out of fear.  It is admitted as the 95th state.  The German panzers continue sweeping east through more of Austria-Hungary through Ukraine to the Black Sea.  Many Soviets see the threat posed by Germany, but the Pact of Eternity decides not to declare war on the Axis in July.  On the Western front, German panzers are beaten back at the Second Battle of Paris, leaving over 600,000 dead.  The US assumes control of former Portuguese, Belgian, and Dutch African territory, and Dutch East India.  Brazil decides to concentrate cheify on Argentina rather than the US, as Argentina, it seems, shall quickly fall.  American troops from Siberia liberate and occupy Manchuria and Sapporo.  American troops capture Southern Quebec; Newfoundland declares itself to be part of the US and is made a state.

1942—German troops sweep through eastern A-H and Bulgaria, and also into Lithuania.  President Roosevelt begs Stalin and the other members of the Pact of Eternity to join.  American soldiers defeat the Germans at Calais.  Germany withdraws its troops from Africa, seeing the need for them elsewhere, and America sends some troops.  America controls the entire continent by the end of the year.  Brazil captures all of Argentina except for some islands off the coast.  The rest of Japan and Korea are liberated, the US begins occupation.  US troops from Australia sweep across the Pacific and capture most of Japan and Germany’s islands.  German troops generally surrender, but it takes more trouble on Japanese islands.  The Kindgom of Hawaii voluntarily annexes itself to the US.  Quebec surrenders and is occupied by the US.

1943—Fearing a German invasion, Norway asks for annexation by the US and becomes a state.  Denmark and Sweden decline to join the US in plebiscites.  On February 28, alarmed by the fall of Argentina, the USSR, Italy, Atlantica, and the USAR join the Group of Six on their war with the Axis.  Germany moves into western Russia and makes a small gain.  Italy helps bolster the Austria-Hungarian lines and Germany makes no more gains in A-H.  Germany begins plans for a huge offensive into France, keying in on Paris.  Ireland decides to join the US as the 97th state.  The Manhattan Project begins.  New USAR troops capture some jungles of Brazil, and America regains the Guyanas.  
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2004, 08:25:06 PM »

1944—On January 27, the Third Battle of Paris begins.  Irish, Portuguese, and Norwegian troops have joined the other American troops in defense of the city.  Over 2,000,000 American soldiers wait there, and soliders of different ethnic backgrounds are beginning to work together.  Seeing that the Soviet armies will sweep west, Germany knows it must put everything into razing Paris, and forcing the Americans out of the war [the moral defeat can do wonders—a presidential election is coming up].  At the Third Battle of Paris, troops clash throughout the State of France; the Germans resort to massacring civilians.  When the German army finally surrenders in July, an astonishing 5,000,000 people have been killed.  American troops plunge into Germany, and Russian troops into eastern Europe.  In South America, D-Day begins!  Troops from America, USAR, the Argentine islands, and Atlantica land near Buenos Aries and take the area around the city.  America and the USAR capture more of the northern Brazilian jungles, but this doesn’t really mean much.
In the presidential election, a Progressive Coalition renominates FDR, but when Wilkie retires, they nominate William L. Mackenzie King for the VP spot.  With the Conservative Party dwindling, an Anti-War Group forms and nominates Henry Wallace and Glen Taylor.  Wallace promises to quickly end the war.  The CCF decides to endorse FDR for this election, but they pledge to nominate a candidate in 1948.  With the Conservatives, CCF, and Progressives behind him, FDR completes the first sweep since Washington, winning all 1005 electoral votes.  Wallace comes close in some states, but cannot win any.

1945—The G6 and PE troops continue to push across Germany.  Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg are liberated and join the US as states.  Hitler commits suicide.  Argentina regains much of its former territory as Brazil withdraws into its old borders for defensive reasons.  Atlantica begins a landing on Eastern Brazil, and captures some.  Sadly, FDR dies in April, and W. L. Mackenzie King becomes president.

1946—Germany finally surrenders totally.  Sweden and Demark apply for statehood, and the US assumes control of Western Germany, whose status will be determined later.  Brazil is defeated; 500,000 die at the battle of Sao Paulo, site of final resistance.  The US, USAR, Argentina, and Atlantica divvy up Brazil, and Atlantica gets a small piece—its first mainland territory.  WORLD WAR II is over!!!!

WORLD WAR TWO MAPS:

1947—Now with 103 states and much more area, the US’s focuses shifts inward.  All of this new area will have to be developed.  Decisions must be made on occupied territory.  An amendment to the constitution concerning American Territory:
America will consist of three types of territory:  states, district, and occupied territory {OT}
States will have 2 senators and appropriate representation in the House.  No new state can be admitted as the smallest state by population.
Districts are less developed areas that have only one voting representative in the House and one electoral vote.
OT is territory captured in a war, and must be given independence, districthood, or statehood 7 years after creation.
The amendment passes soon.

Africa is districtized.  In a rare move, Gambia secedes from Liberia in order to unite into the Senegal District.  In all, 59 districts are created.

1948—President King announces his retirement.  The parties are somewhat reformed; the CCF nominates Norman Thomas and Henry Wallace, and that brings some more support to their cause.  The Progressive Party nominates MO Senator Harry Truman and NY statesman Thomas Dewey.  The Conservative Party, which has greatly fallen, chooses the far-right Strom Thurmond and the more moderate Earl Warren.  Later, Mohammad Hatta of Indonesia announces his run for the presidency, and promises immediate statehood for all districts should he win.  He chooses Australian William John McKell for his vice-president.  Hatta/McKell popular in the Muslim lands and Australia, but cannot hope to win much more.  There is much speculation that the race may be thrown into the House.
In the end, though, Truman runs away with it, but Hatta impressively sweeps the “Far Southeast” and all of Africa, and several territories in America that have been itching for statehood.  Note:  Turnout across many of the “un-American-like” districts was between 10-20%, so it should not be taken to mean that everyone there desires or even cares about statehood.

WWIII almost breaks out in Europe between Austria-Hungary and the USSR over a land dispute {USSR hasn’t given back some liberated land, but war is averted when the USSR returns the land to A-H in exchange for being allowed to formally annex must of Eastern Europe.

1949—For the first time in forever, Theodore Roosevelt, now in his 90’s, is not in the president’s cabinet. Guided by President Truman, Congress allows Western Australia, New South Wales, Southern Australia, and Victoria to be admitted to the Union as states.  The US now contains 107 states.  Mohammed Hatta and others begin the Colonial Statehood Caucus, a House Organization to vehemently campaign for statehood.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2004, 08:29:57 PM »

Any chance of seeing any regional splits soon? And lets make eastern OK a state? lol
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2004, 08:31:32 PM »

If anyone has suggestions or comments, I'd love to hear and entertain them Smiley  I hope you enjoy.

BTW, Eastern Oklahoma is Indian Territory
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2004, 08:49:36 PM »

Greenland? How about Indian Territory being offered statehood?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies