First Annual Steelers March to the SuperBowl thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:43:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  First Annual Steelers March to the SuperBowl thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Annual Steelers March to the SuperBowl thread  (Read 2847 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 11, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »

They're a 7-9 team who will likely eek out a better record than that, although not by much, and they're really, really not a Super Bowl team. The good thing is that that really is a soft schedule (and the division is pathetic), so a wild card is best case, IMO. At that point and after that they're into competition, and they're done.

Ben is very overrated (worst performance for a SB winning QB was Ben at SB XL, for e.g.) but he has been in the right place at the right time. Not so now. I just don't see it. It's not legit if they go the SB.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »

In the era of Cowher, Bettis, Kirkland. . . if they had a 24-3 lead on the Browns at home, they would have won 30-3 or 30-10 and owned the ball in the second half. This team just better stay 1) healthy and 2) lucky. Ehh, IDK.

Brown kicking the Browns punter in the face is the greatest thing I've seen in months.

Lucky Brown is on the Steelers, otherwise I'm sure some would dub it a "classless" move...

Especially if he played for New England, Baltimore, etc.! 
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »

That schedule is still pretty favorable, but what's not cool right now is that the division is perhaps overall better than it's been in many years. Coughing up the TB game was't a good sign.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »

The more time that goes by the more fondly we'll look back on the Cowher era, I think.

The D gave up 158 total yards today on the ground against the Browns. I mean, the offense can move the ball and not score or kick FGs, okay, but allowing teams to run on you cannot be allowed. A mediocre QB can beat a D that allows rushing yards. Plus, Worilds may not be as hyped and guys like 43 in his prime will be sorely missed.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2014, 11:08:49 AM by DemPGH »

I think the reality is clearly somewhere between the Cleveland game and the last two weeks. He also set the worst performance for a super bowl winning QB and is no Brady or Manning by any stretch of the imagination. That said, he had two spectacular weeks, yes, but the Steelers are back on everyone's radar now, so hold off on ordering those s.b. tickets for a little while yet. Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »

I'm worried about Tennessee Monday.

I'd expect one of those games where Tennessee puts up a fight in one half and goes in the tank in the other half. Which Pittsburgh team shows up is the worry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies