Opinion of the Black Panther Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:13:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Black Panther Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Black Panther Party
Freedom Organization

Horrible Organization

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Opinion of the Black Panther Party  (Read 1715 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »

We had this a few months ago but I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

(FO)
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:29:21 PM »

Tentatively lean FO.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »

Pretty unapologetically horrible.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:42:46 PM »

The other side of the nazi coin. HP
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:06:07 PM »

Obvious HO.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 11:51:42 PM »

FO on a white-guilt level.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 11:57:45 PM »

FO
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 03:08:56 AM »

FO
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:42:33 AM »

Massive HO, like all left-wing organizations.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:07 AM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »

Freedom Organization (not a racist or an idiot)
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »

Just, you know, terrible.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »

The thing is... I'm not quite sure whether the fact that this is close is due to trolling or not.

HO obviously.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 12:28:05 PM »

Yeah, providing free breakfasts and medical care to kids in the ghetto is horrifying, isn't it?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 12:28:19 PM »

Massive FO.

Massive HO, like all left-wing organizations.

Just to name one example, I suppose you have sided with the City of Memphis against the black strikers, and Martin Luther King Jr. who wished to join a "left-wing organization" so that they could fight back against being treated like animals. How Christ-like.  Roll Eyes
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 12:37:27 PM »

Because there aren't racists or idiots in the Black Panthers.

HO.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 12:38:31 PM »

Massive FO.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:08 PM »

Yeah, providing free breakfasts and medical care to kids in the ghetto is horrifying, isn't it?

Well, no, although, firebombing shops that failed to donate sufficient quantities of eggs (so I believe) to the free breakfasts in question is somewhat troubling to me. Oh well, that's just me being upper-middle class. I love a bit of order, comfort and security. I generally find revolutionary movements with violent tendencies (especially against those of a... pale skin colour, like my good self) to be rather disturbing. Of course, who's to say that had I been born in said ghetto in the 1950's that I wouldn't have been a Black Panther. But, I wasn't, fortunately enough, and now I wish to enjoy the fruits of my good fortune (as well as my family's hard work) in peace, without being shot at by angry dudes with afros and sunglasses.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:48 PM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 01:08:40 PM »

Because there aren't racists or idiots in the Black Panthers.

HO.

Totally missing the point, but that's unsurprising, given your posting history.

Well, no, although, firebombing shops that failed to donate sufficient quantities of eggs (so I believe) to the free breakfasts in question is somewhat troubling to me. Oh well, that's just me being upper-middle class. I love a bit of order, comfort and security. I generally find revolutionary movements with violent tendencies (especially against those of a... pale skin colour, like my good self) to be rather disturbing. Of course, who's to say that had I been born in said ghetto in the 1950's that I wouldn't have been a Black Panther. But, I wasn't, fortunately enough, and now I wish to enjoy the fruits of my good fortune (as well as my family's hard work) in peace, without being shot at by angry dudes with afros and sunglasses.

The 'violent tendencies' of the BPP were always in response to the violence exhibited every single day upon black communities by the larger community. They never lashed out for the sake of lashing out, only for the sake of defending themselves and their own communities from racist violence and oppression. In the case of the Black Panthers (and in the case of oppressed groups in general), any use of violent tactics should be understood as self-defense and treated as such, especially when said communities are under constant siege from the world around them. Society cannot have order or peace until the subjugation of certain groups by others is undone and everyone can live as they wish. Until then, groups like the Black Panthers deserve our support and admiration, not condemnation.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »

I think the majority of people here are under the impression that the Black Panthers were black supremacist terrorists who went around murdering white people for no reason. This is...not true. At all.

Also, lol cassius
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 01:22:01 PM »

The thing is... I'm not quite sure whether the fact that this is close is due to trolling or not.
Yeah, weird that we have 23 trolls here
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »

Maybe I'm an idiot for opposing a far-leftist organization, but I suppose >50% of the forum has to be idiots or racists too for not agreeing with you.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »

Well, at least you're honest about your Social Darwinism.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »

Well, at least you're honest about your Social Darwinism.

Me? A Social Darwinist? No sir, you jest with me! I mean, hell, I'm hardly the strongest, ablest, most intellectual chap on God's green Earth am I? I wouldn't benefit one jot from efforts to 'breed' a better 'race of humans, as Social Darwinism seems to imply. Indeed, Social Darwinism is simply another revolutionary ideology, seeking to go poking around, uprooting things and reforming that which is not in need of reform. I simply wish to preserve the current system, in which I, and my family, can be well off and prosperous. There's nothing Socially Darwinist about that.

I think the majority of people here are under the impression that the Black Panthers were black supremacist terrorists who went around murdering white people for no reason. This is...not true. At all.

Also, lol cassius

Snowstalker, it is quite clearly documented that they were terrorists, and indeed, that they mercilessly tortured and butchered people whom they suspected of being informants, even if this was not always the case. That they believed that, somehow, black people, when they were on trial, could not be tried by white people, suggests at the very least that they did not think that white people, any white people, were competent enough to try a black person. This at the very least indicates separatism (after all, 'supremacism' is very hard to justify as a cause worth fighting for when you're a tiny minority).

But, anyway, what did they achieve? Very little, aside from a trail of bodies and a history of bloody, internecine conflict within their own organisation. Did they achieve their 'ten point program'? No, of course not. They are another of history's failures.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies