How would you react to this story (see 1st post)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:53:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  How would you react to this story (see 1st post)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Put the mayo on an eat it - drive away.

Show the store manager what happened

Show the store manager - then eat it.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: How would you react to this story (see 1st post)  (Read 1688 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2014, 12:02:00 PM »

https://gma.yahoo.com/nc-woman-upset-finding-nazi-symbol-drawn-her-224356513--abc-news-topstories.html

Ok, you lift off the bun of your sandwich to add mayo.......and find a swastika symbol in drizzled butter on the bun.......what do you do?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:42:24 PM »

I'd probably write it off as a freak incident. Person was lazily drawing shapes with the butter and that just... happened. I mean, who does that?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »

Why is there butter on a McDonalds hamburger?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »

Why is there butter on a McDonalds hamburger?
It was a chicken sandwich.

I'd show the manager and ask for a new sammich.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 02:24:13 PM »

The lil putana in the incident said it made her "sick" to see that.......I found that a laughable over-reaction that I wonder what you guys would do.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »

Take a picture, laugh, and leave.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 03:19:54 PM »

The lil putana in the incident said it made her "sick" to see that.......I found that a laughable over-reaction that I wonder what you guys would do.
Oh yeah, the lady took it way too far and way too seriously.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 11:50:35 PM »

Oh yeah, the lady took it way too far and way too seriously.

Yeah, but not overreacting isn't going to get you on the local news.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2014, 09:40:10 AM by I hereby declare martial law in this forum »

So this McDonalds costumer felt sick about a swastika on her sandwich, but she isn't concerned at all about McD's environmental and labor record?

She's a disgusting, decadent hypocrite who deserves worse than a swastika on her sandwich.

The same of course applies to this shallow "news" article.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »

So it was you who reported the post?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »

No.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »

Most of the replies in this thread are classic douchebaggery.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »

Take a picture, laugh, and leave.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »

^^

I can't see how anyone would be so offended as to bother to tell the manager. I might as well go and cry about all the pairs of shoes I see hanging on the telephone lines whenever I go down to Broward County.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:08 PM »

I would tell the manager for sure, but I would not get the local news involved like the lady clearly wanted to do and did.

I don't care how bored the kid was, he had to understand how offensive that symbol can (rightly) be to people, and he doesn't even know who is going to get the sandwich.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 11:47:14 PM »

Option 1, of course.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 07:32:47 PM »

Wait, wait, wait. You call for the beheading of large segments of the population and are offended by this?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 03:25:51 AM »

Can't vote since I wouldn't put mayo on my sandwich.

In any case, if I were working at a friggin' McDonald's, I'd be bored as Hell too. A swastika would give even butter coverage to all four quadrants of the bun and is probably a Great Leap Forward in terms of efficiency. When you're stuck with a mind-numbing, soul-killing job like working at McDonald's, I wouldn't be surprised to hear people doing far worse than this.

That's preposterous, and as someone who worked there for several years, I would have taken it very seriously had an employee done something like this.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 03:41:36 AM »

I knew a Navajo guy who liked to listen to neo-nazi music. Maybe he liked that they used the Navajo swastika. While none of us others liked the fact that he was playing nazi music, none of us told him to shut it off, because trying to lecture a Native American on genocide would be retarded.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2014, 07:07:55 PM by angus »

I tell her to get a fucking life.  First, the guy might be a Hindu.  Second, it ain't butter, it's partially-hydrogenated cottonseed oil.  No cows were harmed during the making of your breakfast.  Third, WTF?  Really?  You eat bleached wheat, fake butter, and hormone-injected chicken deep fried in trans fat, in your car as you're driving to work and you actually want people to feel your pain?  Yeah, we feel your pain.  It's called hypertension.

And who the fuck wrote this?!  The by-line says "Good Morning America" but behavior is spelled "behaviour."  Yeah, that's more like, Good Morning Liverpool.  Doesn't that paper even have editors?

Highly suspect.  I'd tell the bitch to get bent.  And I'm talking mostly about the writer of the piece, but while we're at it, the woman who eats bad food while driving and has the unmitigated gaul to judge others can probably use a thorough bending as well.  I'd like to see a picture of her.  Her ass is probably about as wide as my sofa.  It'll take more than one little hackenkreutz to blanket that one.

Oh, I guess I didn't answer the question:  the first option.  I'm a big fan of mayo, and when I'm in the mood for McDonald's food I really don't linger.  It's like finding a Chicken McNugget shaped like Elvis.  I'd spend about a microsecond pondering the deeper meaning of it, but I don't think I'd waste time showing it to the manager.  In the end, I'd just slather it in mayonnaise and choke it down. 

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »

I tell her to get a fucking life.  First, the guy might be a Hindu.  Second, it ain't butter, it's partially-hydrogenated cottonseed oil.  No cows were harmed during the making of your breakfast.  Third, WTF?  Really?  You eat bleached wheat, fake butter, and hormone-injected chicken deep fried in trans fat, in your car as you're driving to work and you actually want people to feel your pain?  Yeah, we feel your pain.  It's called hypertension.

And who the fuck wrote this?!  The by-line says "Good Morning America" but behavior is spelled "behaviour."  Yeah, that's more like, Good Morning Liverpool.  Doesn't that paper even have editors?

Highly suspect.  I'd tell the bitch to get bent.  And I'm talking mostly about the writer of the piece, but while we're at it, the woman who eats bad food while driving and has the unmitigated gaul to judge others can probably use a thorough bending as well.  I'd like to see a picture of her.  Her ass is probably about as wide as my sofa.  It'll take more than one little hackenkreutz to blanket that one.

Oh, I guess I didn't answer the question:  the first option.  I'm a big fan of mayo, and when I'm in the mood for McDonald's food I really don't linger.  It's like finding a Chicken McNugget shaped like Elvis.  I'd spend about a microsecond pondering the deeper meaning of it, but I don't think I'd waste time showing it to the manager.  In the end, I'd just slather it in mayonnaise and choke it down. 

This would be the greatest post ever, but mayo is a horrible, horrible thing, and should be banned forever. Just looking at mayo makes me gag.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 08:45:53 PM »

This would be the greatest post ever, but mayo is a horrible, horrible thing, and should be banned forever. Just looking at mayo makes me gag.

HP.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 08:53:45 PM »

I keep little packages of condiment mayonnaise with me regularly.  Seems like folks always provide other condiments but not mayonnaise.  Just yesterday we were invited to a "picnic, bring a covered dish, hotdogs and burgers will be provided."  As I suspected, the people who organized it provided buns, burgers, lettuce, tomato slices, pickles, mustard, and even ketchup.  I haven't much use for ketchup, but I appreciate the other dressings for the grilled meats.  But why not mayo?  Well, I know the answer.  Unlike lettuce, pickles, tomato slices, ketchup, and mustard, mayonnaise cannot handle hours of direct sunlight.  Well, it can, but your sh**t will be liquid if you eat it.  Most folks' anyway.  I think I've developed a bit of a tolerance.  I can even eat "macaroni salad" that has been sitting out, unrefrigerated, all day in the hot sun.  Or maybe it's that I just don't mind a little escherichia coli with my lunch.  In any case, I do enjoy a healthy dollop of mayonnaise on my hot dogs, corn dogs, hamburgers, tater tots, french fries, and corn-on-the cob.  It's not bad on pear salad either.  I do appreciate your post, though.  People divorce over these things.  I'm not a big fan of divorce, in fact I'm very much against it, which is why I posted in another thread that folks ought to live together a very, very long time before marrying.  I once broke up with a woman who actually preferred Miracle Whip.  I could put up with most of her other shortcomings, but the thought of Miracle Whip on my sandwich was too much.  I wouldn't mind the shape that she spreads it.  Star of David.  Hackenkreutz.  Stars'n'Bars.  Even a peace sign.  To me, it's not the shape with which you dribble on the condiment, but the condiment that you're dribbling on the bun.  She liked Miracle Whip, and I liked mayonnaise.  Sure, miracle whip, like mustard, holds up better under the summer sun, but there's really no substitute for mayonnaise.  We just couldn't come to a mutual understanding, so we went our separate ways.  No grudges held.  Well, okay, there were a few grudges, but not over condiments.  I have always respected that there are two kinds of people:  those who prefer mayonnaise, and those who prefer some other condiment.  

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies