HockeyDude in crisis (military/law knowledge helpful) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:24:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  HockeyDude in crisis (military/law knowledge helpful) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HockeyDude in crisis (military/law knowledge helpful)  (Read 1590 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 12, 2014, 11:50:08 PM »

Generally speaking one has to fark up pretty hard to get a Dishonorable.  If you just kind of fark up you can get a Bad Conduct, if you're just a douche you'll get an Other Than Honorable.  But you won't be getting any of those for this kind of thing, everybody that I've seen kicked got a General Discharge.  Drugs, failure to go, being a drunk, being a generic piece of sh**t, stupid amounts of debt...I've seen it happen lots.

A General won't (or at least won't 99% of the time) hurt you looking for civilian employment.

Good luck.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:59 AM »

Yeah, being on a ship for 6 months at a time sounds like torture.  It fits some people just fine, obviously, but it's clearly not for everybody.  Certainly wouldn't be for me.  I'd rather be a brainwashed* Marines than in the Navy.

*that is 63% tongue in cheek, I don't really think they're brainwashed, but they are a special bunch.  The generic stereotypes about the 4 branches are more true than we sometimes wish they were.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:36:14 PM »

Indeed, the military doesn't want you if you don't want them.  They don't like it, especially so early in ones career (training isn't cheap), but they've found that it's just better to let people go than try to convince them to stay.  Officers are a bit different, but for us enlisted folk, it works out better for everybody if we part ways.

That's not to say you're done either, in my experience the dudes that got kicked out spent at least a month (if not 6) painting, vacuuming, cutting grass, etc while the paper work slowly works it's way around.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies