HockeyDude in crisis (military/law knowledge helpful) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:18:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  HockeyDude in crisis (military/law knowledge helpful) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HockeyDude in crisis (military/law knowledge helpful)  (Read 1586 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: August 12, 2014, 11:54:32 PM »

Please don't kill yourself. I'm in a very unhappy place in life too. I know what it's like to ask if there's any point at all to waking up tomorrow and having to do it all over again. But killing yourself isn't going to make you happy. It's just going to make you not depressed, but that's only because it's going to make you nothing at all because you'll be dead.

I was under the impression that the military has lawyers (JAGs?) for members; or is that only if you're courtmartialed?

Can you request a meeting with a psychiatrist or a therapist? If you can explain your situation to them, perhaps they can provide proof that you need to leave for health reasons. I'm not at all familiar with how that works, though as many recent events have shown, the military is not known for its competence or empathy in dealing with mental health issues.

I don't know if talking to someone on here might help in the meantime, but I would be more than happy to listen to you, as would a lot of other people on here. What is it about the Navy that you're not liking and that's causing you all this grief?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies