SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:58:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991)  (Read 100287 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 11, 2004, 03:45:59 PM »

Very cool scenario.  Though I prefer Imperialism on the British model.  Avoids the potential of leftist voting from the subject peoples.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 09:15:19 PM »

So many possiblities if this goes on through the Cold War.  All the coups and military intervention we did could all end up becoming states.

Can also nab a few African territories from Germany in WW1 (Kameroon, Sudwestafrika and Tanganyika).

Ahh the possiblities.

Yes, I'm planning on the US annexing Spanish, German, and maybe British African territory.  Also, the Siberia territory will play a big part in the Cold War.

Well if we're in Siberia maybe there won't be a Cold War - we'll be exerting influence in Russia and can either prop up the Czar or aid the White side in the civil war.  Those Bolsheviks wouldn't have a chance.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 03:04:21 PM »

Hey Angus, where in Mexico do you go?  I've been to Guatemala and the Yucatan.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 06:25:55 PM »

I like that even in all that excessive imperialism, Thailand remains independent - just like it barely managed to do irl.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 11:22:06 PM »

Opebo will be heart-broken by Thailand falling to Communism!!!!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Its true I would be.  It had a narrow enough escape in the 1970's - the Thai army had to get pretty harsh.  I'm happy to say its currently a very capitalist place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies