SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:33:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991)  (Read 100301 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 12, 2004, 01:06:56 PM »

a couple of things, in 1883 we would have inherited a war with england, no doubt, just as we inherited a war with Mexico in 1845 (though it took till 1848 to make it happen).  In fact, Belize is still claimed by Guatemala.  Also, the maquilladoras in Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, and Tampaulipas vote more capitalist than the peasants in Chiapas, Tabasco, Oaxaca, and Campeche. Also, an US idealist did try to set up an anglocentric empire in Baja California Sur around 1850, and it failed.  I forget the guy's name.  Bryan would have fared better in northern Central America, I imagine, depending on whether capitalist bosses would have let the working classes vote.  Also, when you show ventures into the eastern hemisphere (specifically africa) you should give more space to conflicts with england, france, italy, and germany.  I don't think they'd appreciate US involvement in Africa at that time anymore that TR would stomach european involvement in the Caribbean at that time.

Take a look at http://prep.ife.org.mx:8080/elecciones2003nacional/index.html for the most recent election results of our closest neighbors.  Although, given your scenario, they wouldn't have had seventy years of PRI rule.  I travel to mexico several times per year and enjoy discussing politics with the locals.  I know nothing of canada, other than it doesn't seem to have a culture distinct from our own and it has a nasty climate, but I'm sure you can find some canadophile to pick apart your predictions about our northern neighbors.  Seems that you should color the western provinces (except BC) the same as wyoming and idaho, given recent trends.  The same sorts of rugged individualist small government gun nuts who move to the rockies in this country seem to be attracted to the western extremities of the northern great plains in Canada.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 03:50:23 PM »

Hey Angus, where in Mexico do you go?  I've been to Guatemala and the Yucatan.

chiapas is my 'favorite' state.  I scuba dive in Quintana Roo and in BCS regularly.  I have visited 22 of the 31 estados of mexico over the years.  some of them many times.  Panajachel is my favorite town in Guatemala, hands down.  It's like Goa, India, but you're less likely to get busted or get std there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies