SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:31:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991)  (Read 100295 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: April 11, 2004, 10:42:24 AM »

nice, how long exactly before USA rules the world in this? lol
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 03:43:13 AM »

So many possiblities if this goes on through the Cold War.  All the coups and military intervention we did could all end up becoming states.

Can also nab a few African territories from Germany in WW1 (Kameroon, Sudwestafrika and Tanganyika).

Ahh the possiblities.

Yes, I'm planning on the US annexing Spanish, German, and maybe British African territory.  Also, the Siberia territory will play a big part in the Cold War.

Well if we're in Siberia maybe there won't be a Cold War - we'll be exerting influence in Russia and can either prop up the Czar or aid the White side in the civil war.  Those Bolsheviks wouldn't have a chance.

USA UK and France all did help the white side during the war, they still lost, they were unorganised, basically lots of separate armies whereas the red army was very centralised with control of all the major railways, and they had Leon Trotsky of course.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 09:40:08 AM »

So many possiblities if this goes on through the Cold War.  All the coups and military intervention we did could all end up becoming states.

Can also nab a few African territories from Germany in WW1 (Kameroon, Sudwestafrika and Tanganyika).

Ahh the possiblities.

Yes, I'm planning on the US annexing Spanish, German, and maybe British African territory.  Also, the Siberia territory will play a big part in the Cold War.

Well if we're in Siberia maybe there won't be a Cold War - we'll be exerting influence in Russia and can either prop up the Czar or aid the White side in the civil war.  Those Bolsheviks wouldn't have a chance.

USA UK and France all did help the white side during the war, they still lost, they were unorganised, basically lots of separate armies whereas the red army was very centralised with control of all the major railways, and they had Leon Trotsky of course.

Exactly. The Whites never stood much of a chance in the Russian Civil War. They never won the hearts and minds, and a civil war can NEVER be won without that.

most wars can't be won without the hearts and minds - e.g. the Vietnam war, the guerrillas had the support of the peasants - "Fish Swim in Water". Anyone who can tell me who said that gets my admiration.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 11:06:33 AM »

Fantastic scenario! Perhaps you could have the USA swallow the UK due to war or something...i've always wondered how the State of Scotland would have voted....Smiley

Ralph Nader!!!! lol
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 11:17:20 AM »

Fantastic scenario! Perhaps you could have the USA swallow the UK due to war or something...i've always wondered how the State of Scotland would have voted....Smiley

Perhaps a war with Britain, and the US assumes control of the entire British Empire . . . Smiley

YOU CAN'T HAVE OUR EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 02:56:43 AM »

Last installment is THE most unlikely thing I have ever heard, but interesting still lol.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 10:52:18 AM »

LOL, I don't understand quite why you had USA join the Triple Alliance.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 04:35:57 AM »

Why is the Pope now residing on American soil? Did the Vatican become part of the USA?

Interesting development with JFK there.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 09:42:09 AM »

Why is the Pope now residing on American soil? Did the Vatican become part of the USA?

Interesting development with JFK there.

It's not indepedent; it's just an area of Rome that the US government ignores and lets it do its own thing, but it is offically part of the USA and the state of Roma.

Vatican is a separate nation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies