Atlas Sexual Morality Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:38:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Sexual Morality Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Question 1: Agree

Question 1: Disagree

Question 2: Agree

Question 2: Disagree

Question 3: Agree

Question 3: Disagree

Question 4: Agree

Question 4: Disagree

Question 5: Agree

Question 5: Disagree

Question 6: Agree

Question 6: Disagree

Question 7: Agree

Question 7: Disagree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 302

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Atlas Sexual Morality Poll  (Read 17864 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« on: August 13, 2014, 04:57:36 PM »

Agree: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7
Disagree: 4

Number two is why a lot of relationships fail when couples get married. Dating and sleeping over for a night or two are not equivalent to living together full time.

4: if a couple falls out of love they should not be forced to stay together
5: swinging /open relationships are a thing and should be respected
6: polyandry is a thing
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 05:25:52 PM »

I seem to be in the minority on number five, but why should we let social mores play such a big role here? The question did not say "without permission." If both of you agree to an open relationship or want to go to a key party, who am I to say that's wrong? You're not hurting anyone by having sex with a person other than your spouse if your spouse is supportive and enthusiastic about it.

Many posters on the Atlas are very traditionalist (as seen in this thread), which I think leads to a lack of understanding here. Marriage suggests a sort of exclusivity sexually, and when such views are so ingrained, it can be difficult to visualize that some couples can be emotionally monogamous but sexually open. Monogamy is deeply ingrained in our culture and there are ever-present messages that adultery is bad, by stigmatizing people who cheat on their spouse and preaching that it is sin from the alter.  I think peoples' feelings about this overcomes views toward swinging/open relationships, even if they are in favor of those.

The way people are viewing the question may affect the responses too. I'm pretty sure if you asked "would you be ok having a threesome with your wife and another partner" would garner more responses in favor. Even more if you said the partner was a woman.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies