St Louis police murder scandal (PLUS: riots, idiotic press conferences, etc.) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:08:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  St Louis police murder scandal (PLUS: riots, idiotic press conferences, etc.) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: St Louis police murder scandal (PLUS: riots, idiotic press conferences, etc.)  (Read 46259 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 14, 2014, 12:52:26 AM »

Yeah, I've been following this story with morbid horror since the weekend.  This is a situation where the epithet "pigs" is, in fact, appropriate.

And I don't say that lightly.

Nor do I, yet I agree with you.  The officer should at the very least be charged with manslaughter and quite possibly murder.  Plus the SWAT team style coverage of the protests has if anything inflamed the situation beyond what it otherwise would have been.  Given what has happened, I think the wise thing to do would be to fire the entire Fergusson police department and hire new cops, starting with a new chief who could be acceptable to the majority of residents. (Note, I wouldn't be opposed to hiring back some of the old cops, if they haven't been acting in a excremental manner towards the people they are supposed to be protecting.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 02:52:47 AM »

The real question wasn't asked here yet.

What is Jay Nixon doing?! It's his job to manage that!
You want him to call in the NG to stop the rioters?  I'm not sure that would help deescalate the situation.
How about calling in the NG to stop the Ferguson police?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 07:55:42 PM »

I posted that on FB several hours ago, and got exactly zero likes.  Sad

Time to delete all my friends and start again, methinks.

Maybe your FB friends prefer it when The Onion is being humorous instead of factual.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »

Too bad the Ferguson police don't have mandatory dashboard cameras in cop cars...

Those dashboard cameras are usually bad news to crooks.  

Both those crooks inside and outside the car.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 10:45:58 PM »

This is absolutely ridiculous. Who wants to defend this now? Do we not have all the facts on this one either? Why do we condone murder by the police?

The facts indicate that this was suicide by cop, i.e., the guy was forcing the cops to shoot him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies