Rank Northeastern and Midwestern metros from most liberal to most conservative (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:06:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Rank Northeastern and Midwestern metros from most liberal to most conservative (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank Northeastern and Midwestern metros from most liberal to most conservative  (Read 4937 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« on: August 16, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »

I went with >2million because I am not familiar enough with some of the smaller metros to include them.

Most Liberal

Boston MA
New York NY
Minneapolis/StP MN
Chicago IL
Detroit MI
Cleveland OH
Philadelphia PA
Baltimore MD
Columbus OH
Pittsburgh PA
Milwaukee WI
St Louis MO
Indianapolis IN
Cincinnati OH

Most Conservative
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »

I'll believe it when I see it, but I'd have to believe the SUBURBS of Chicago are more GOP-friendly than the suburbs of Baltimore...

I was thinking the same thing; Chicago's suburbs are not like they were 20-30 years ago in friendliness to the GOP, but I definitely think they're a lot more friendly to the GOP than Baltimore's surrounding environs.

The Baltimore suburbs are not exactly Democratic, especially not at the federal level.  Carroll and Howard are more Republican than any of the collar counties, and my impression from a distance is that they are still kinda "Southern" in many ways, moreso than the DC suburbs..

I think you meant to say Harford.

Howard County is the most Democratic county in the Baltimore metro area; Romney at least broke 40% in Baltimore County. Last time a Republican won Howard County was in 1988; same time when the suburbs of Baltimore last went Republican. I agree that Carroll and Harford are extremely Republican on every level and way more Republican than any county in Chicagoland currently.

Compare that with Chicagoland which, until 2008, Republicans were winning every county in the metro area (save Cook and Lake, Indiana).

And are now not expected to win any of the collar counties sub McHenry and possibly DuPage. Things change.

Not to mention that Lake and Will Counties have ALWAYS been swing counties. Voting for Bush twice does not mean that they were solid GOP counties before 2008, especially since it was razor thin in 2000.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies