Cuomo v. Teachout
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:24:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cuomo v. Teachout
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
Author Topic: Cuomo v. Teachout  (Read 38580 times)
xavier110
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2014, 10:08:55 PM »

Cuomo actually said today that the only number that matters is 50%. Oof. Kinda like the only poll that matters is Election Day.

Wow, are his internals that bad?

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/506862415502655490

They're pulling out de Blasio to wax rhapsodic about conservadem Hochul tomorrow. Fun!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:23 PM »

Cuomo actually said today that the only number that matters is 50%. Oof. Kinda like the only poll that matters is Election Day.

They're pulling out de Blasio to wax rhapsodic about conservadem Hochul tomorrow. Fun!

Poor Bill. Sad
NHLiberal

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2014, 10:14:01 PM »

I wish de Blasio was supporting Teachout. It would be a lot better for his policy goals (if she were to win, but I guess he thinks that's impossible).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2014, 08:01:19 AM »

I wish de Blasio was supporting Teachout. It would be a lot better for his policy goals (if she were to win, but I guess he thinks that's impossible).

Or did so a couple months ago, just like everyone else.

In 20/20 hindsight, the WPF endorsement was Teachout's for the taking if De Blasio had theoretically endorsed her. With his active backing she'd be in 40+% range for the Dem primary easy, and Wu would be downright favored. It still likely wouldn't be enough, and not worth it to De Blasio causing a civil war in the party just for what would likely be one huge warning shot off Cuomo's bow. He wants to be a good party guy to later become gov or senator himself.

But boy it would've made for an even more interesting election. Grin

xavier110
United States
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »

Well, Teachout/Wu are combating the de Blasio event with a rally featuring Mark Ruffalo, who's endorsing them today
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2014, 02:19:11 PM »

In addition to the Ruffalo endorsement (which will probably only generate headlines, if few votes), a slew of local newspapers have endorsed Teachout including the Hudson Valley News, representing part of NYC's northern suburbs. Also, Newsday, a newspaper for populous Long Island has been giving Teachout - Wu multiple articles of coverage a day.

I think smaller papers are endorsing Teachout and Wu, and covering them, because Cuomo has been so uninterested in giving them the time of day.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2014, 02:20:23 PM »

http://observer.com/2014/09/wu-for-no-2/

The New York Observer just backed Wu for LG.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »

Wumentum!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2014, 05:07:27 PM »

I wonder what the average Cuomo/Wu voter is like (asian-american I guess). I also wonder what a Teachout/Hochul voter is like if such a thing even exists (it'd be female I suppose).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2014, 05:21:38 PM »

I also wonder what a Teachout/Hochul voter is like if such a thing even exists (it'd be female I suppose).

Low information conservative (pro-gun/anti-gay) Democrats?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2014, 05:23:22 PM »

Where the hell is EMILY's List? I'll forgive them for lying about Schatz if they throw their support behind Teachout.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

I also wonder what a Teachout/Hochul voter is like if such a thing even exists (it'd be female I suppose).

I'm a male high information liberal that would be a Teachout/Hochul voter if I lived in NY. Tongue I think Hochul could end up pulling a Gillibrand and become a rising star. Hasn't she already disavowed most of her conservadem positions?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »

aka confused old ladies.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »

anyway, I've got my hopes up for a LBJ vs. McCarthy type result for Gov in a super low turnout race, which Cuomo has only aided and abetted by refusing to try and saving his $ for the off-chance prez run (if such a thing is legal, then again, everything is these days) and a Wu win.  sure to be dashed by an 80-20 Cuomo win and a 2:1 Hochul win of course, which I'll get over within a drinking session.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »

anyway, I've got my hopes up for a LBJ vs. McCarthy type result for Gov in a super low turnout race, which Cuomo has only aided and abetted by refusing to try and saving his $ for the off-chance prez run (if such a thing is legal, then again, everything is these days) and a Wu win.  sure to be dashed by an 80-20 Cuomo win and a 2:1 Hochul win of course, which I'll get over within a drinking session.

Will you vote? Are you a registered Democrat these days?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2014, 06:05:25 PM »

Not necessarily. Anti-Cuomo voters in Western NY who don't like Cuomo (either he's too conservative or too liberal) but like Hochul because of her Buffalo roots.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »

I voted for Teachout and wrote in Christine Quinn for LG.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »

aka confused old ladies.

aka, a lot more of the electorate than elitist liberals like to admit are part of their coalition.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »

anyway, I've got my hopes up for a LBJ vs. McCarthy type result for Gov in a super low turnout race, which Cuomo has only aided and abetted by refusing to try and saving his $ for the off-chance prez run (if such a thing is legal, then again, everything is these days) and a Wu win.  sure to be dashed by an 80-20 Cuomo win and a 2:1 Hochul win of course, which I'll get over within a drinking session.

Will you vote? Are you a registered Democrat these days?

yes and yes
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2014, 07:03:12 PM »

Weren't you voting for Cuomo? I'm glad you changed your mind, now you can keep your username Wink
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »

Weren't you voting for Cuomo? I'm glad you changed your mind, now you can keep your username Wink

I changed my mind (solidly) when Mark Green endorsed Teachout. I know that sounds stupid, but, I've always admired Mark Green and felt comfortable in his vision of NY. The Times non-endorsement of Cuomo also helped. This is a protest vote, obviously. I wanted Quinn for LG before Hochul was announced.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2014, 08:38:51 PM by xavier110 »

Female upstater... in fact, I think Teachout may do exceedingly well up there, winning several upstate counties (if not possibly most!)
Panda Express

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2014, 09:22:35 PM »

Atlas Forum should do a drinking game for the NY primary. Every time Teachout wins a county, take a shot.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2014, 09:35:34 PM »

Atlas Forum should do a drinking game for the NY primary. Every time Teachout wins a county, take a shot.

I support this idea. Hopefully we'll be getting pretty hammered. Hopefully.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »

That's a great game if you don't want to get drunk.  Teachout's chances to win counties are overrated.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies