Cuomo v. Teachout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:36:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cuomo v. Teachout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo v. Teachout  (Read 38787 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 25, 2014, 05:23:25 PM »

I'll go 65-35 Cuomo.

de Blasio's a fool for becoming his lapdog. There's very real room for him to go rogue (and win while doing it).
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:28:45 PM »

Awesome. Maybe this will turn Cuomo's "great turn leftward" into something more than lip service.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 05:23:22 PM »

Where the hell is EMILY's List? I'll forgive them for lying about Schatz if they throw their support behind Teachout.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »

Tim Wu wins the primary.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »

How many of the registered NY Democrats live in NYC?

Who knows, maybe I can get a few people to vote for her.

You support a Teachout win in order to let Astorino have a chance to pull an upset? Tongue

Along those lines, but the last time I hoped for something like that to happen I ended up with Mayor Bill de Blasio...

who's now shilling for your party to hold the Senate. So it's not awful for you.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »

What has been so odd about this race is that there are virtually no public polls showing Cuomo in danger of Teachout (or Hochul of Wu) yet my friends and I (especially my friends who are very much in the know either working for officials/unions etc) feel that there is something about this election that really puts Cuomo in a hard place. It's as if there's some sort of magical aura.

There haven't been any public polls at all.

But yeah, I know what you're talking about. It does feel like something strange could happen.

I have a lot of friends who are registered Democrats and everyone I've talked to is either voting for Teachout or not voting at all. I can't find any Cuomo voters. I guess most of them are at old folks homes.

Well, Moreland unfolded a month ago, and since then Cuomo has received nearly uniformly bad press. (That alone, I would say has put him at the level of the "unknown" Gillibrand among Dem primary voters.)

Also, this shouldn't surprise anyone, but Cuomo's been threatening elected Dems who may want to endorse Teachout:
http://nypost.com/2014/09/08/cuomo-and-de-blasio-intimidate-democrats-backing-teachout/

I'm not surprised that Fredo is going along with it too, and I hope he gets primaried somehow too.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:40:44 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 05:42:53 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx »

What has been so odd about this race is that there are virtually no public polls showing Cuomo in danger of Teachout (or Hochul of Wu) yet my friends and I (especially my friends who are very much in the know either working for officials/unions etc) feel that there is something about this election that really puts Cuomo in a hard place. It's as if there's some sort of magical aura.

There haven't been any public polls at all.

But yeah, I know what you're talking about. It does feel like something strange could happen.

I have a lot of friends who are registered Democrats and everyone I've talked to is either voting for Teachout or not voting at all. I can't find any Cuomo voters. I guess most of them are at old folks homes.

Well, Moreland unfolded a month ago, and since then Cuomo has received nearly uniformly bad press. (That alone, I would say has put him at the level of the "unknown" Gillibrand among Dem primary voters.)

Also, this shouldn't surprise anyone, but Cuomo's been threatening elected Dems who may want to endorse Teachout:
http://nypost.com/2014/09/08/cuomo-and-de-blasio-intimidate-democrats-backing-teachout/

I'm not surprised that Fredo is going along with it too, and I hope he gets primaried somehow too.

Hopefully Cuomo promised him lots of goodies in return for his endorsement. If he just bended over to endorse Cuomo/Hochel, then he is a big pile of ew.

I'll take it a step further. Bill de Blasio is a traitor to the left. This isn't like a situation with Sinema (where she's obviously moving to the right because she has higher ambitions) or even Gillibrand. This is someone who blatantly used the left to rise to power and abandoned them once he got big. I genuinely hope he gets primaried in 2017.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »

Ugh, IDC Tony Avella is holding on against John Liu 52-48 with 59% in. Sad

We need a left-wing Tea Party. I'm sick of this sh*t.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »

It's because Cuomo is only one example of how Italian-Americans are horrible people.

Jesus Christ, are you incapable of not being an asshole for five seconds?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 10:30:32 PM »

It's because Cuomo is only one example of how Italian-Americans are horrible people.

Jesus Christ, are you incapable of not being an asshole?

Perhaps not, but unfortunately neither is Cuomo.

This is one of those strange elections where I agree with Teachout on basically nothing but I still wish she could have won, not because I think Astorino would have had a chance, but just getting rid of Cuomo would have been good in and of itself.

Indeed. If this race narrows I'm endorsing Astorino.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »

what is this
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies