Cuomo v. Teachout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cuomo v. Teachout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo v. Teachout  (Read 38778 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 26, 2014, 07:27:51 PM »

This is such a fast turn of events. Not sure voters are going to change that quickly.

Stop raining on my parade Angry Tongue

BTW: What I would give to be a fly on the wall wherever Cuomo was when he found out about this Tongue

I would say his Presidential ambitions are basically over, though.

Hillary already ended them.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:00:31 PM »

After reading the NYT column, it seems pretty weak. It's basically saying "yes, we want to/should endorse Teachout, but we're not going to because reasons". I guess they don't want to make an enemy of Cuomo, but I think by not explicitly endorsing him they already have.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

I also wonder what a Teachout/Hochul voter is like if such a thing even exists (it'd be female I suppose).

Low information conservative (pro-gun/anti-gay) Democrats?

I'm a male high information liberal that would be a Teachout/Hochul voter if I lived in NY. Tongue I think Hochul could end up pulling a Gillibrand and become a rising star. Hasn't she already disavowed most of her conservadem positions?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »

Cuomo/Hochul is spending a tremendous amount of money on air and have a very large GOTV operation while Teachout/Wu have spent virtually nothing I would be shocked to see either get more than 20% of the vote.

Gail Goode got even less attention than Teachout is, and she got 25% of the vote against Kirsten Gillibrand. Teachout is definitely going to do better than that.

Yeah, pretty much every protest candidate (assuming there's only one) can probably rest assured they're going to get 15-20% or so. Some random teabagger got 20% against Bob Casey in 2012. I think a good result for Teachout would be 1/3 of the vote or more, anything else would be a major disappointment for her.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »

538 wrote an article about this. The conclusion seems to be: 75%+ = great. 70-75% = meh. <70%: bad.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/looking-for-signs-of-cuomos-liberal-problem-in-tuesdays-democratic-primary/
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 10:28:05 PM »

Teachout can't concede to Cuomo because he didn't give her his number. What an asshole.

That would require acknowledging her existence, which I doubt is any more likely to happen tomorrow than it was yesterday.

I don't know. He may kind of have to after this.

If not, the very first question he is asked in a 2016 Dem primary debate should be "You completely refused to acknowledge the very existence of the woman who challenged you in the Democratic gubernatorial primary in 2014. Why should the women voting in this primary give you their consideration?"

I doubt that will be necessary. Cuomo isn't really the type that will be okay with getting curbstomped by Hillary. He'll be sitting it out.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 10:17:34 AM »

*sigh* I had been so happy when de Blasio won; I'd been hoping he won way back when Anthony Weiner and Christine Quinn were supposed to be locks to win Sad  What a disappointment!  Sadly, he'll probably be New York's next Senator or Governor Sad  His kind always seem to win; things like this really make it hard not to just sink into apathy.  Just more proof that you never know with these guys until they inevitably let you down Sad

I agree with you, De Blasio has higher aspirations so he's selling out to get ahead, it's disappointing because I was a huge BDB guy like you.

Yes, the fact that he wouldn't back a protest candidate that never ever EVER had a chance to win, even with his theoretical enthusiastic backing, and didn't even back a severe underdog for a do-nothing office, means he's obviously an ideological Judas.

And liberals say Republicans are ideological purists. Roll Eyes

I'm talking about De Blasio backing Kathy Hochul, Jeff Klein, and Tony Avella.  If it were just him not backing Teachout, I could forgive him, but the f[inks]ing IDC?Huh Seriously?

So since Hillary didn't back the IDC, I guess that makes her a better Democrat than De Blasio.  Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »

Hawkins will be holding a campaign rally with Ralph Nader in NYC next weekend!

Very excited to attend! With Cuomo's campaign collapsing into farce, double digits is looking more and more attainable!

Yuck. This makes me consider switching my endorsement. Nader has caused more damage to this country than Cuomo ever will. Too bad Rent Is Too Damn High isn't an option.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 11:23:41 PM »

Hawkins will be holding a campaign rally with Ralph Nader in NYC next weekend!

Very excited to attend! With Cuomo's campaign collapsing into farce, double digits is looking more and more attainable!

Yuck. This makes me consider switching my endorsement. Nader has caused more damage to this country than Cuomo ever will. Too bad Rent Is Too Damn High isn't an option.

That's why I never supported Hawkins. I'd vote for another joke party if I lived in NY.

Unfortunately the only other options are Astorino and a libertarian. I guess it doesn't matter too much anyway since his candidacy is solely to send a message, but Naderites always leave a bad taste in my mouth.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 11:51:37 AM »

Cuomo new book is a total flop (despite the New York state Democratic party using their email list to promote it).

In its first week, apparently it has sold 945 copies.  That correlates to #7,680 in Books on Amazon, where out out of 524 Amazon reviews, 493 gave it one star.

Wow, that's embarrassing. LOL
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 07:30:46 PM »

Cuomo on fracking: "I'm not a scientist."

f[inks] off

So Cuomo is using Republican talking points frequently used for climate change denial now? Wow.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »

I guess he finally realized that he's never going to be President so he's just going to govern like a 100% conservative Republican from here on out.

Maybe that's why he's so miserable on the campaign trail too. He just wanted this re-election as a stepping stone, now it's "pointless".
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 04:33:32 PM »

Do you guys think Astorino could hold Cuomo to a 10% or so margin? Cuomo's campaign seems to be a disaster at this point, he looked like a waffling incompetent with the ebola nurse thing, and it looks like Hawkins will get at least 7%.

I doubt it, but at this point I'd be shocked if Cuomo cracked 60% (which at the beginning of the year was thought to be a given).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies