Cuomo v. Teachout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:07:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cuomo v. Teachout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo v. Teachout  (Read 38835 times)
KCDem

« on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »

I would be stunned if she won more than 30% of the primary vote.
KCDem

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:30:57 PM »

How can anyone take someone called Zephyr Rain Teachout seriously?

How can anyone take someone called TTS1996 seriously? What are you, a calculator?
What the f u u ck are you on about? My name isn't actually TTS1996, any more than yours is actually Panda Express, but hers is apparently Zephyr Rain Teachout, which is NOT A REAL NAME.

Defensive much, bro?
KCDem

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »

If Teachout breaks 40%, I will eat crow. I will literally find a crow, cook it, and eat it.
KCDem

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:29:03 PM »

This may actually hurt Teachout. People may see Wu as the more viable of the two and focus on making sure Kathy Hochul doesn't win the primary.

No one is paying that close attention to this race. Hochul underperforms Cuomo in the primary simply due to lower name recognition I would suspect.
KCDem

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »

Chill, people. Teachout will be lucky to hit 40% or win a single county. The Cuomo campaign is worried because that an outside--but politically embarrassing--possibility, but they're not 'panicking' because there's no chance of an actual loss.

Eric Cantor wasn't 'panicking' either...
KCDem

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:22:05 PM »

Chill, people. Teachout will be lucky to hit 40% or win a single county. The Cuomo campaign is worried because that an outside--but politically embarrassing--possibility, but they're not 'panicking' because there's no chance of an actual loss.

Eric Cantor wasn't 'panicking' either...

He also wasn't running in a statewide race in New York.

And...just because it's unexpected doesn't mean it can't happen. I don't think Teachout will win either, but Cantor's loss just goes to show you that the unexpected sometimes happens.
KCDem

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 01:03:44 AM »

Would be nice if we got to see some polling. Even internal polling is better than nothing.

The momentum is going toward Teachout and Wu, but they have no real chance of winning.

I'm thinking high 30's for Teachout, but wouldn't be surprised to see her reach 40%. 42 or 43 percent would be a shock, but I refuse to rule it out. As far as Wu goes, she should get into the low 40's. Mid 40's would be a shock, but I refuse to rule it out.

The map will probably look a lot like a presidential election in NY. Teachout will play the part of the republican and Cuomo the part of the democrat, in that Teachout will carry upstate new york, but Cuomo's downstate margins will be far too big to overcome.

I'm not sure where this idea that there is momentum going for Teachout is coming from.  She's still way too unknown and going up against a sitting governor who is popular, especially among self-described liberals and Democrats.  And I'm not sure why the more liberal candidate should carry Upstate New York, where she's even less known than she is in NYC.  It usually works the other way around.  Upstate is more conservative than NYC.

My best guess is that Teachout doesn't exceed 25% in a very low turnout primary where the party establishment - all backing Cuomo - dominates the vote.

Even absolute nobodies get 25% of the vote in New York state (see 2010 Democratic Senatorial Primary). Teachout will easily clear 30%.
KCDem

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »

The strange thing about this race is, just based purely on fundamentals, Cuomo and Hochul should both be winning in a huge landslide. But the media is talking about the campaign like it's actually close and especially about the Hochul-Wu race like it's a toss-up.

This is the same media that think the Warner-Gillespie race is a tossup too, so.....................
KCDem

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 01:39:49 AM »

Astorino on the attack. Accuses Cuomo of being a unicorn killer.

http://youtu.be/KTOmyG0C5lk

WORST AD EVER
KCDem

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 02:48:47 PM »

My various trips around Westchester county where I plus other parts of NY state last couple of months live gives me the view that this election for Astorino is more about him building up his brand, especially in Westchester.  This seems to make sense as there is no chance that Astorino could win anyway.  While there is no sign of the Astorino campaign outside of Westchester county, the Astorino campaign is quite significant in Westchester, especially in places around where I live, Scarsdale and surrounding townships.  I go jogging after work and it takes me to all sort of places in Scarsdale as well as surrounding townships.  I can say for sure that the Astorino campaign is much more active than Paladino campaign in 2010 in my part of Westchester.   The level of support seems to be relatively high in surrounding townships of Scarsale and is related to household income.  In Scarsdale itself, the $200K-$500K household income areas has a significant where household income have a significant Astorino presence.  The $500K+ household income areas of Scarsdale are uaually non-political and that is no different this year.  In the surrounding townships of Scarsdale where household income are around $150K-$300K the level of support for Astorino seems even higher.  In other parts of Westchseter  where I have visited last couple of months I see the same pattern.  Outside of Westchester I do not see much of the Astorino campaign regardless of the what the household income are.  This has me convinced that for Astorino it is more about the Westchester election of 2017 and him rising in the ranks of the GOP in NY so he has a shot at higher office in case the GOP fortunes in NY state revives.   

Lawn signs don't vote and Astorino (and any other Republican) has no future statewide in New York politics.
KCDem

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 04:36:12 PM »

Cuomo's inability to crack 60% will be another blow to the DLC
KCDem

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »

Disgusting traitor!
KCDem

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »

Hopefully Hawkins and Astorino take Cuomo to the woodshed upstate!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies