Cuomo v. Teachout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:14:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cuomo v. Teachout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo v. Teachout  (Read 38810 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 23, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »

Hearing rumblings that NYT may endorse her.

That would be an incredible boost to her campaign, and a shocking one.

Genuine question- when was the last time a newspaper endorsement dramatically changed the course of an election?

The Washington Post endorsement was a big part of Craig Deeds primary victory in 2009, IIRC
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »

I'll go 65-35 Cuomo.

de Blasio's a fool for becoming his lapdog. There's very real room for him to go rogue (and win while doing it).

He tried not to be and got put in his place Sad

Anyway, fingers crossed re: the NYT coming through for Teachout!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »

I'll go 65-35 Cuomo.

de Blasio's a fool for becoming his lapdog. There's very real room for him to go rogue (and win while doing it).

He tried not to be and got put in his place Sad

Anyway, fingers crossed re: the NYT coming through for Teachout!

I don't see a NYT endorsement for Teachout or Cuomo gaining either more votes, though it could help make people aware of Teachout.

At the least, it'd infuriate and humiliate Cuomo Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »

This is such a fast turn of events. Not sure voters are going to change that quickly.

Stop raining on my parade Angry Tongue

BTW: What I would give to be a fly on the wall wherever Cuomo was when he found out about this Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »

This is such a fast turn of events. Not sure voters are going to change that quickly.

Stop raining on my parade Angry Tongue

BTW: What I would give to be a fly on the wall wherever Cuomo was when he found out about this Tongue

I would say his Presidential ambitions are basically over, though.

Excellent Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:53:06 AM »

This may actually hurt Teachout. People may see Wu as the more viable of the two and focus on making sure Kathy Hochul doesn't win the primary.

Wu winning and Teachout getting 18-25% is much better than Wu losing and Teachout getting 25-35%.  It'd still be an enormous (and probably more significant, practically speaking) embarrassment to Cuomo.  Btw, am I the only one who is worried Kathy Hochul will just declare herself an IDCer after the election (or even after the primary)?  
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »

Hillary Clinton is robocalling for Cuomo/Hochul

Is anyone really surprised that Hillary is backing the DINO (Cuomo)/Conservadem (Hochul) ticket?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »

Hearing turnout is very low so far in Queens.

I assume that's bad for Teachout/Wu, no?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2014, 06:12:10 PM by Ten in Roman Numerals »

Convinced three family members (aunt, uncle, and cousin) and one friend in New York to vote Teachout/Wu (to be fair, my Uncle was already a Cuomo/Wu voter, but was concerned about whether Teachout was pro-Israel enough).  I also convinced the aforementioned family members to vote for Koppel instead of Klein.  I've done my part Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »

*sigh* I had been so happy when de Blasio won; I'd been hoping he won way back when Anthony Weiner and Christine Quinn were supposed to be locks to win Sad  What a disappointment!  Sadly, he'll probably be New York's next Senator or Governor Sad  His kind always seem to win; things like this really make it hard not to just sink into apathy.  Just more proof that you never know with these guys until they inevitably let you down Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »

Watching white liberal reformists realise they're not the base of the Democratic Party is always a fun time.

Oh look, it's Snowstalker.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 06:55:39 PM »

I'm kind of surprised everyone thinks that NYC Dems are all progressives rather than minorities and the working class.

Who says minorities can't be progressives?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »

de Blasio has been a Dem insider for a few decades now.  the lefty-insurgent thing was a marketing tool as the opening was to run to the left of Quinn.  this should've been obvious to anybody paying attention.  it's amazing how teary-eyed progressive Dems can fall victim to the same hoax again and again.

Why don't you capitalize the beginnings of your sentences?  Clearly you know the shift key exists, yet you seem unwilling to use it when starting a new sentence.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 06:19:18 AM »

*sigh* I had been so happy when de Blasio won; I'd been hoping he won way back when Anthony Weiner and Christine Quinn were supposed to be locks to win Sad  What a disappointment!  Sadly, he'll probably be New York's next Senator or Governor Sad  His kind always seem to win; things like this really make it hard not to just sink into apathy.  Just more proof that you never know with these guys until they inevitably let you down Sad

I agree with you, De Blasio has higher aspirations so he's selling out to get ahead, it's disappointing because I was a huge BDB guy like you.

Yes, the fact that he wouldn't back a protest candidate that never ever EVER had a chance to win, even with his theoretical enthusiastic backing, and didn't even back a severe underdog for a do-nothing office, means he's obviously an ideological Judas.

And liberals say Republicans are ideological purists. Roll Eyes

I'm talking about De Blasio backing Kathy Hochul, Jeff Klein, and Tony Avella.  If it were just him not backing Teachout, I could forgive him, but the f[inks]ing IDC?Huh Seriously?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »

*sigh* I had been so happy when de Blasio won; I'd been hoping he won way back when Anthony Weiner and Christine Quinn were supposed to be locks to win Sad  What a disappointment!  Sadly, he'll probably be New York's next Senator or Governor Sad  His kind always seem to win; things like this really make it hard not to just sink into apathy.  Just more proof that you never know with these guys until they inevitably let you down Sad

I agree with you, De Blasio has higher aspirations so he's selling out to get ahead, it's disappointing because I was a huge BDB guy like you.

Yes, the fact that he wouldn't back a protest candidate that never ever EVER had a chance to win, even with his theoretical enthusiastic backing, and didn't even back a severe underdog for a do-nothing office, means he's obviously an ideological Judas.

I'm talking about De Blasio backing Kathy Hochul, Jeff Klein, and Tony Avella.  If it were just him not backing Teachout, I could forgive him, but the f[inks]ing IDC?Huh Seriously?

So since Hillary didn't back the IDC, I guess that makes her a better Democrat than De Blasio.  Smiley

Has she actively campaigned against Klein and/or Avella?  I highly doubt it, but if so then she definitely is.  My guess is that she hasn't really commented on them one way or another, but would campaign for them (certainly for Klein) if Cuomo asked her too.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »

My bad about Teachout; that wasn't my read (though I stick to my comments about not supporting Wu over Hochul being a no big whoop that would've been utterly foolish to do otherwise).

Re: the IDC candidates, yeah, i'd be teed about that if I were still a Democrat. Tongue though wasn't there a deal where the IDC where they are (at least provisionally) ending their alliance with the GOP and giving control back to the Dems?

No, there was a "deal" to consider making a deal, whatever that means.  One of them already all but went back on it publicly as soon as Koppel and Liu's endorsements by the WFP were withdrawn.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies