Cuomo v. Teachout (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:10:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Cuomo v. Teachout (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo v. Teachout  (Read 38746 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 14, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »

Great news! Hope she pulls at least 35-40% of the vote.

I hope she wins Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:15:03 PM »

Hopefully Teachout/Wu can pull it off!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »

The Teachout social media stuff is insane. Like compare any result vs. searching Cuomo. A few reporters have pointed this out, but yes, enthusiasm is on Teachout's side.

I got my mother and her friend, both in Suffolk, to go off and vote Teachout/Wu. Did my duty.

I just had a 10 minute conversation with my Uncle and Aunt. I convinced them to vote for Teachout.

I'm doing my duty even from PA.

I might have convinced my uncle-in-law's mother to vote for Teachout when I was in NJ. Did I do well?

semi-related question: in states with a closed primary is the turnout figure still based on the number of all registered voters or is it the number of people registered in the party?

I would think all registered voters.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »

So Teachout is around 30% with Erie and Westchester piling in, shouldn't that be her WORST area?

Yeah, the majority of the vote seems to be coming from Erie County, so Teachout/Wu should be performing stronger as the night goes on.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

I think Howie Hawkins should concentrate his efforts on the counties that Teachout won.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 09:42:02 PM »

I kind of find it funny that he did even worse than Pat Quinn.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »

It's because Cuomo is only one example of how Italian-Americans are horrible people.

Jesus Christ, are you incapable of not being an asshole?

Perhaps not, but unfortunately neither is Cuomo.

This is one of those strange elections where I agree with Teachout on basically nothing but I still wish she could have won, not because I think Astorino would have had a chance, but just getting rid of Cuomo would have been good in and of itself.

Indeed. If this race narrows I'm endorsing Astorino.

Not Hawkins?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:19 PM »

de Blasio has been a Dem insider for a few decades now.  the lefty-insurgent thing was a marketing tool as the opening was to run to the left of Quinn.  this should've been obvious to anybody paying attention.  it's amazing how teary-eyed progressive Dems can fall victim to the same hoax again and again.

Why don't you capitalize the beginnings of your sentences?  Clearly you know the shift key exists, yet you seem unwilling to use it when starting a new sentence.

it shouldn't be a barrier to communication. beyond that, there's no such thing as a "correct" way to use language.

y'oure ri.gHt

nO cor re c~t way    to us;e lang'ua'g:e
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »

^ You're a racist. Really no other term can fit it. It's like a white person saying they'll never date a non-white person.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »

Cuomo on fracking: "I'm not a scientist."

f[inks] off

Cuomo has proven to be a more terrible person than I had thought.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »

I only saw closing arguments, but I think Howie's was the strongest out of all four. The only thing two of them talked about were property taxes, and the Libertarian really fumbled his closing argument.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 08:04:38 PM »

Also Hawkins does not sound like I expected him to at all.

You mean, sometimes he has a southern accent which cuts in and out.

^ Has he ever lived in the south? I know he's lived in Connecticut and New York but nothing about if he lived south of the mason dixon line.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/gov-cuomo-defends-ebola-policy-suggests-people-quarantine-read-book-blog-entry-1.1989072

lol

I'm not voting for the guy but I must admit that I'm more and more amused by his bizarreness. He's certainly a character.

His book was such a failure (and pretty awful).
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »

Sales of Cuomo's book reach 1,480 two weeks after its release. He may even crack Amazon's top 20,000! No word on what Harper Collins plans to do with the remaining 198,520 copies in its initial printing.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies