Quotes...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:21:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Quotes...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quotes...  (Read 737 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2005, 11:51:44 PM »

Judging by these quotes.  Who's gonna' run?

When asked if they would run for president in 2008...

DEMOCRATS:

EVAN BAYH - The Indiana senator said he plans to focus on the nation's problems and "these political questions will take care of themselves."

JOE BIDEN - The Delaware senator said, "There's a lot at stake and I might."

WESLEY CLARK - The retired general hasn't announced his plans, but an aide said "all options are on the table."

HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON - The New York senator says she's "very happy being the senator from New York" and is focused on her job and 2006 re-election prospects.

JOHN EDWARDS - The former North Carolina senator and 2004 vice presidential candidate said he'll "decide what's the right thing to do based on what's going on with my own family."

RUSS FEINGOLD - The Wisconsin senator said he wasn't sure what he'll do but "why rule it out?"

JOHN KERRY - The 2004 Democratic nominee said, "It's too early, we just finished one presidential election."

BILL RICHARDSON - The New Mexico governor said: "I plan to run for re-election. Beyond that, who knows."

TOM VILSACK - The Iowa governor said he's concerned "about the direction of our party" but hasn't thought seriously about his plans.

MARK WARNER - The Virginia governor said he would "make that decision on my own timeline."

REPUBLICANS:

GEORGE ALLEN - The Virginia senator says he's focused on his job and will face re-election in 2006 before considering other plans.

SAM BROWNBACK - The Kansas senator said he hasn't decided what he will do, but "I'm exploring the options."

JEB BUSH - The Florida governor said late last year, "I'm not going to run for president in 2008."

BILL FRIST - The Tennessee senator said, "There will be a time and place" to decide about his next political plans.

NEWT GINGRICH - The former House speaker said he thinks it's unlikely but "anything seems possible."

RUDOLPH GIULIANI - The former New York mayor said, "I haven't ruled it in and I haven't ruled it out."

CHUCK HAGEL - The Nebraska senator says he "would seriously consider" running if he thought the GOP and the country would be interested.

JOHN McCAIN - The Arizona senator said, "I have no contemplation for the next couple of years to do anything except be a good senator."

GEORGE PATAKI - The New York governor is said to be mulling whether to run for re-election, and aides say he doesn't have to decide yet on a presidential run.

CONDOLEEZZA RICE - The secretary of state said: "I won't run. I won't."
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 07:16:48 PM »

Judging by therir quotes, they're all running except for Jeb and Condi.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 07:51:16 PM »

For the democrats it seems like Bayh, Feingold, and Kerry will run.
For the republicans it seems like Hagel, Pataki, and Frist will run

The democrats will choose Bayh
The republicans will Choose Pataki

It will be one hell of an interesting race
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 07:55:45 PM »

Why on earth would we nominate Pataki?
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »

Hagel is too moderate to survive the primaries and Frist would never win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies