Which states will the GOP win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:22:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which states will the GOP win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Which senate seats will the GOP pick up in November?
Montana

South Dakota

West Virginia

Iowa

North Carolina

Alaska

Arkansas

Louisiana

New Hampshire

Colorado

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which states will the GOP win?  (Read 3218 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »

GOP will win all except North Carolina and New Hampshire. I'd love for Mark Pryor and Mary Landrieu to hold on, but that doesn't look like it will happen. Alaska will be a tossup no matter who comes out of the primary (except Miller), so I can't make a prediction about that. Scott Brown in New Hampshire has successfully portrayed himself as a Masshole and a carpetbagger, and won't win barring a GOP wave. In North Carolina, Tillis is just to terrible of a nominee to beat any Democrat.  predict Colorado will swing back to the GOP's column eventually. All incumbent Republicans will win reelection, thus amounting to a net change of GOP+8/9

Can we lay off the crack cocaine, please?

Hey this guy was a Democrat for a while and is in a family of Dems, making him more independent than anything. Don't go bashing him on partisan lines for making a non-biased prediction you hack. 

To be fair I think the Democrat he was and the Democrats in his family are a bit different than the national Democrats.

Oh and as to what Dixiecrat originally wrote, I think that even in a Republican wave Brown would still lose. Especially at this point.

You mean ultra partisan snobs who treat everyone with a D next to their name like a swell guy and have a football team mentality? Hence why I just switched sides

But that is how National Politics works. You cheer on people in your own party.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 12:11:38 AM »

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 12:30:24 AM »

GOP will win all except North Carolina and New Hampshire. I'd love for Mark Pryor and Mary Landrieu to hold on, but that doesn't look like it will happen. Alaska will be a tossup no matter who comes out of the primary (except Miller), so I can't make a prediction about that. Scott Brown in New Hampshire has successfully portrayed himself as a Masshole and a carpetbagger, and won't win barring a GOP wave. In North Carolina, Tillis is just to terrible of a nominee to beat any Democrat.  predict Colorado will swing back to the GOP's column eventually. All incumbent Republicans will win reelection, thus amounting to a net change of GOP+8/9

Hey this guy was a Democrat for a while and is in a family of Dems, making him more independent than anything. Don't go bashing him on partisan lines for making a non-biased prediction you hack. 

To be fair I think the Democrat he was and the Democrats in his family are a bit different than the national Democrats.

Oh and as to what Dixiecrat originally wrote, I think that even in a Republican wave Brown would still lose. Especially at this point.

You mean ultra partisan snobs who treat everyone with a D next to their name like a swell guy and have a football team mentality? Hence why I just switched sides

But that is how National Politics works. You cheer on people in your own party.

That doesn't mean it's right
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 01:57:38 AM »

5 come to mind immediately: WV, SD, MT, LA and AR. Hope that will be all. Surprised with very weak Braley's campaign in Iowa...
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2014, 08:42:05 AM by Cris »

IMHO, GOP will pick up MT, SD, WV and AR. For the moment, I not say LA because if the Dems will win the Senate in November, Landrieu can win in December, because of a probably lack of commitment by the GOP.
Between 2 days there will be the GOP primary in AK and I think that the Republican candidate (if it will be Miller, this race will be Likely D) will have a bounce post primary, but Begich is still favored to win, because of his strong campaign.
Attention because a surprise from IA/AK/CO is possible, but at the moment I think that Braley and Udall are favored to win.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »

Don't feed the trolls.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »

IMHO, GOP will pick up MT, SD, WV and AR. For the moment, I not say LA because if the Dems will win the Senate in November, Landrieu can win in December, because of a probably lack of commitment by the GOP.
Between 2 days there will be the GOP primary in AK and I think that the Republican candidate (if it will be Miller, this race will be Likely D) will have a bounce post primary, but Begich is still favored to win, because of his strong campaign.
Attention because a surprise from IA/AK/CO is possible, but at the moment I think that Braley and Udall are favored to win.

Bit pessimistic. What makes you like that?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2014, 10:54:34 AM by Cris »

Bit pessimistic. What makes you like that?
I not excluded a GOP victory in Louisiana and in one (or two, or three, or four) of AK/CO/IA/NC.
IMHO, Cassidy is favored to win in a runoff, but with the Dems that wins majority in November and without a big republican commitment  in the runoff, I think that Landrieu has still a possibility to win in this state.
I think that there are great probability of a GOP victory in November or in December. I'm not excluding anything.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »

Optimistically I would say 7 (MT, SD, WV, AR, LA, NC, IA). Pessimistically I'd say 3 (just MT, SD, and WV)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »

GOP +8 (MT, SD, WV, AR, LA, IA, NC and AK)

Also, why isn't Michigan on the list?  It's at least as likely a pickup opportunity as New Hampshire. 
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »

With Obama's approval stuck near 40%, I optimistically predict the GOP will pick up all the seats except NH
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »

With Obama's approval stuck near 40%, I optimistically predict the GOP will pick up all the seats except NH

Too bad polling doesn't seem to be on your side in that argument.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »

The question is not who is leading in the polls today, but who will win in Nov. 
I assume the Democrats and Obama will be taking the bulk of the blame for the failed policies in Iraq, Syria, Libya etc, the continued poor economy, the mess at the border, the proposed amnesty by executive fiat, etc, etc,  With nothing getting better Nov will be a time to throw the bums out....
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »

I assume the Democrats and Obama will be taking the bulk of the blame for the failed policies in Iraq, Syria, Libya etc, the continued poor economy, the mess at the border, the proposed amnesty by executive fiat, etc, etc,  With nothing getting better Nov will be a time to throw the bums out....

I'd rather throw the bums out who believe that science and history is wrong.
KCDem

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 02:30:23 PM »

You may very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment (without getting infracted).
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 05:54:40 PM »

MT, WV, SD, AR, LA, NC (6 seats)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2014, 09:23:17 PM by FreedomHawk »

I assume the Democrats and Obama will be taking the bulk of the blame for the failed policies in Iraq, Syria, Libya etc, the continued poor economy, the mess at the border, the proposed amnesty by executive fiat, etc, etc,  With nothing getting better Nov will be a time to throw the bums out....

Better than the Machiavellian dictator of a majority leader that refuses to get anything done and uses the GOP to blame for that due to his own Hyperpartisanship. And what makes you think that all Democrats aren't Christians that deny science?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »

Pessimistically?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2014, 09:19:29 PM »

Optimistically I would say 7 (MT, SD, WV, AR, LA, NC, IA). Pessimistically I'd say 3 (just MT, SD, and WV)

I am basically this
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 01:07:05 AM »

I assume the Democrats and Obama will be taking the bulk of the blame for the failed policies in Iraq, Syria, Libya etc, the continued poor economy, the mess at the border, the proposed amnesty by executive fiat, etc, etc,  With nothing getting better Nov will be a time to throw the bums out....

Better than the Machiavellian dictator of a majority leader that refuses to get anything done and uses the GOP to blame for that due to his own Hyperpartisanship. And what makes you think that all Democrats aren't Christians that deny science?

First of all you need to take a good long look at John Boehner and realize that he and Harry Reid are both sides of the same coin.

Secondly, there are Democrats who don't believe in evolution obviously, but that doesn't mean our state parties are endorsing banning the teaching of it or our national party calling US history textbooks biased.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 01:37:09 AM »

First of all you need to take a good long look at John Boehner and realize that he and Harry Reid are both sides of the same coin.

Secondly, there are Democrats who don't believe in evolution obviously, but that doesn't mean our state parties are endorsing banning the teaching of it or our national party calling US history textbooks biased.

Boehner sucks too. Just because he is a Republican doesn't mean I like him. I fully support Gowdy for Speaker
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »

Montana.
South Dakota.
West Virginia.
Arkansas.

Possibly Louisiana and Alaska.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 08:24:53 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2014, 08:34:52 AM by OC »

For sure AR,WV,SD, and Mnt

Two runoffs in La, Ga will be interesting.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 02:03:03 PM »

GOP will win all except North Carolina and New Hampshire. I'd love for Mark Pryor and Mary Landrieu to hold on, but that doesn't look like it will happen. Alaska will be a tossup no matter who comes out of the primary (except Miller), so I can't make a prediction about that. Scott Brown in New Hampshire has successfully portrayed himself as a Masshole and a carpetbagger, and won't win barring a GOP wave. In North Carolina, Tillis is just to terrible of a nominee to beat any Democrat.  predict Colorado will swing back to the GOP's column eventually. All incumbent Republicans will win reelection, thus amounting to a net change of GOP+8/9

I don't know how you can say that Hagan will hold on, but Udall won't.

Because Gardner is a terrific candidate who isn't being plagued with an unpopular state legislature.  In fact, the state legislature in Colorado really is unpopular, but it is helping Gardner because is a Democratic majority.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »

SD, WV, MT, AR, LA, and IA or NC. I think Begich holds, as does Udall. Toss-up between Ernst or Tillis winning the sixth seat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies