Adoption is an Alternative Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:35:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Adoption is an Alternative Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adoption is an Alternative Act (Law'd)  (Read 2074 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: August 27, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »

First Senate post and this is as good a place as any. Hi guys, I'm the new guy from the Pacific Wink

I guess I generally support this bill. In Austria, there is an institution called the "Babyklappe" (baby hatches), some warm spot under a glas panel in some hospitals where mothers can leave their child anonymously. An alarm then goes off, so the child is sought after, while the mother can get away then before being seen by anyone. This bill would essentially do the same thing, just the anonymity is not given. No one in this honourable body can ever experience what the mothers must feel in that particular moment, when they give up their child. I guess it would be better then if we too would give the mothers that anonymity, so they can at least keep their decency before the worker in the particular institution.
Once this amendment is approved, I'd like to offer an amendment enabling this.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 03:59:54 PM »

I don't know. I feel like the child should have SOME right to the information somehow. Surely there is a way to protect the privacy and eventually give those children some kind of closure should they desire it.

I guess I must have used the wrong words, but I do not want any further protection of privacy for the mother, that is given in the original bill, but rather I want an option for mothers that shame themselves for giving up their children to do so anonymously, so to ensure that they do not leave it in a street or somewhere...

Of course I would want to know who my mother was. I guess what might be possible is that the mothers can later, when they found the courage to acknowledge what they have done (this must be incredibly hard for mothers that want to give up their children, I guess we can all agree on that) and do not shame themselves to confess this, they can come back to the hospital with the baby hatch where they left the child, and maybe leave something for the child that they can get in contact with the mother? I don't know...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »

You know, I plan to, but I need time for that... Is it a problem if I'll offer the amendment tomorrow morning?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 02:59:27 AM »

Here we are:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Establishing baby hatches and increasing the fine. You ok with this?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 02:06:48 AM »

Great thanks.
As much as I would want to know who my mother was if I was "left out" that way, the anonymity may help to give new mothers the courage they need to set it out. And we don't know how many children still are left somewhere in a backyard or a street...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies