Which State is "deader" for the Democrats? #3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:41:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which State is "deader" for the Democrats? #3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which State is "deader" for the Democrats? #3
Nebraska

Kansas

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Which State is "deader" for the Democrats? #3  (Read 2454 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:16:04 PM »

Which State is "deader" for the Democrats?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »

Kansas.  At least the Democrats can win an electoral vote in Nebraska, as we've already seen.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »

Ten years ago I would've said Nebraska. Now I say Kansas due to urbanization of Lincoln and Omaha. In Kansas, the only two liberal cities are small and insignificant when it comes to the rest of the state.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »

Ten years ago I would've said Nebraska. Now I say Kansas due to urbanization of Lincoln and Omaha. In Kansas, the only two liberal cities are small and insignificant when it comes to the rest of the state.

This board is OBSESSED with the idea that once an area becomes cosmopolitan enough, it's lost to Republicans (the Obama coalition is just as likely to be an anomaly that had more to do with him personally than it is to be the new permanent political landscape).  You realize that other than an '08 wave, Lincoln and Omaha have mostly voted Republican?  NE is just a very Republican state.  I'll say Kansas because they have a ridiculously unpopular Republican governor, but the Dems aren't winning either anytime soon.
solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:13:21 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2014, 05:15:49 PM by solarstorm2012 »

How many further dead threads will be started? Roll Eyes

I think Election Guy once proved that Kansas is more Democratic than Nebraska.
So it's the former.

OMG I did a pun. I did a pun. I'm so awesome. Cool
GaussLaw
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 06:03:16 PM »

This board is OBSESSED with the idea that once an area becomes cosmopolitan enough, it's lost to Republicans (the Obama coalition is just as likely to be an anomaly that had more to do with him personally than it is to be the new permanent political landscape).  You realize that other than an '08 wave, Lincoln and Omaha have mostly voted Republican?  NE is just a very Republican state.  I'll say Kansas because they have a ridiculously unpopular Republican governor, but the Dems aren't winning either anytime soon.

I agree.  Also, people have this strange idea that white, wealthy, well-educated suburbanites in the South will become reliable liberals.  It's absurd.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »

Nebraska. Note Brownback and Roberts's struggles, as well as Sebelius's election.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »

Whoa whoa, I never implied this. I realize Lincoln and Omaha are Lean D cities in Lean R counties. They're not that liberal. With that said, they have much more influence over the state then most of the rural areas and small cities, unlike in Kansas City and Lawrence in Kansas. I am NOT a believer in more urbanization = more democrats. That's an absurd belief held by hackish democrats. I realize I would like to take back my statement, and say its not really urbanization, its much of rural flight and urban areas making up a bigger % of the state's population.

Historically Nebraska is more republican, but recently they vote extremely similar. This is more or less due to Douglas county and Lancaster county voting less republican than they used to. That is a fact. Please, lets not get our panties in a bunch, they are extremely similar states with extremely similar voting patterns that really aren't worth arguing over in the first place.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 08:59:54 PM »

Whoa whoa, I never implied this. I realize Lincoln and Omaha are Lean D cities in Lean R counties. They're not that liberal. With that said, they have much more influence over the state then most of the rural areas and small cities, unlike in Kansas City and Lawrence in Kansas. I am NOT a believer in more urbanization = more democrats. That's an absurd belief held by hackish democrats. I realize I would like to take back my statement, and say its not really urbanization, its much of rural flight and urban areas making up a bigger % of the state's population.

Historically Nebraska is more republican, but recently they vote extremely similar. This is more or less due to Douglas county and Lancaster county voting less republican than they used to. That is a fact. Please, lets not get our panties in a bunch, they are extremely similar states with extremely similar voting patterns that really aren't worth arguing over in the first place.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »

Kansas.  At least the Democrats can win an electoral vote in Nebraska, as we've already seen.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 04:21:06 PM »

Nebraska, since Kansas will have a Democratic governor in January.
DS0816
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »

So it's the former.

It's been with the same concept of creating thread postings asking about one party winning on the other party's turf of base states.

Tough for some to admit that the Electoral College is not some enigma.

To win on the other party's turf is to win an electoral landslide north of 400 electoral votes.

solarstorm
solarstorm2012
United States
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 08:44:28 AM »

So it's the former.

It's been with the same concept of creating thread postings asking about one party winning on the other party's turf of base states.

Tough for some to admit that the Electoral College is not some enigma.

To win on the other party's turf is to win an electoral landslide north of 400 electoral votes.

Did you find my pun?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »

Nebraska. Note Brownback and Roberts's struggles, as well as Sebelius's election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »

Considering recent Kansas polls, Nebraska.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies