Bushs legacy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:37:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bushs legacy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will he be remembered for?
Illigitmate president who invaded Iraq and de-stabilsed the middle east

President who bought peace and security to middle east

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Bushs legacy  (Read 542 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2005, 10:37:40 AM »

interesting to see as we have 4 years to go and i get a feeling that the next two years are crucial to his legacy.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 10:39:55 AM »

Really neither even though I voted option 1. I think the fact is, Liberals will always hate him. 100 years from now liberals will still view him like StatesRights views Lincoln. Conservatives will like him, but Bush will always be universally hated by leftists until the end of time.
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 10:41:39 AM »

The fact that Lincoln was gay always gets under Republicans skin.
Or that democrats fight the wars like vietnam etc while Republicans sit at home saying that they support the troops but then always block bills to increase the minimum wage.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 10:44:49 AM »

The fact that Lincoln was gay always gets under Republicans skin.
Or that democrats fight the wars like vietnam etc while Republicans sit at home saying that they support the troops but then always block bills to increase the minimum wage.

Brilliant analysis.  The fact is, nobody cares whether or not Lincoln was gay except for those who keep insisting he was.  Nobody else is interested.

As far as fighting wars is concerned, Democratic politicians inaugurated heavy involvement in Vietnam, and then betrayed the troops when opposition developed.  Today, the military is heavily Republican, so your argument that Democrats fight the wars is simply not true.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 10:48:43 AM »

He'll be dead before his legacy is known. Change comes in generations.

Anyway, his domestic legacy will be more interesting to see. Especially if we get an originalist majority on the Supreme Court of the United States.

Interesting fact: the flag burning amendment fell short by only four votes in March 2000. Since it came super-close in a one-seat-less Republican Senate last time (counting Jeffords as a Democrat), and I think some other Republicans who voted against it that have since been replaced, they may very well come up with the four extra votes.

If so, I imagine it will be easily ratified (49 of 50 states have passed resolutions supporting it), and it'll go down as part of the "Bush era," much like the repeal of Prohibition goes down as part of the FDR era.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies