NC: PPP: Hagan up in close race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:40:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: PPP: Hagan up in close race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NC: PPP: Hagan up in close race  (Read 2511 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 11:55:13 PM »
« edited: August 20, 2014, 12:01:31 AM by Miles »

^ 38% is actually pretty decent for the white vote. Dole carried whites 57/39 in 2008.

If Hagan held that same level of support and the black share of the vote fell by, say 5%, she would have still cleared 50% of the two-party vote.

For comparison, my target for Landrieu is between 30-33%. The whites in LA are more hostile, but blacks should make up between 27-30% of the electorate, compared to less than a quarter for NC.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 05:54:56 AM »

Miles or someone else who knows NC well, what is Hagan's target for the white vote? Romney carried the state 51-48 while Obama won only 31% of the white vote, and Hagan is currently receiving 38% in this poll. Obviously, black turnout will likely be down (though who knows how much) and they may go for Hagan by a slightly smaller margin, but at the moment she's only getting 67% which seems extremely unlikely. I couldn't find 2010 exit polls to compare to.

The ads she is putting out is trying to paint herself as a moderate who is for the working class.

Tillis ads? What is the general feeling from people you have spoken to about the race?
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »

Miles or someone else who knows NC well, what is Hagan's target for the white vote? Romney carried the state 51-48 while Obama won only 31% of the white vote, and Hagan is currently receiving 38% in this poll. Obviously, black turnout will likely be down (though who knows how much) and they may go for Hagan by a slightly smaller margin, but at the moment she's only getting 67% which seems extremely unlikely. I couldn't find 2010 exit polls to compare to.

The ads she is putting out is trying to paint herself as a moderate who is for the working class.

Tillis ads? What is the general feeling from people you have spoken to about the race?

I haven't seen to many Tillis ads. But many people don't like either candidate.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 03:12:50 AM »

New Poll: North Carolina Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2014-08-17

Summary: D: 42%, R: 38%, I: 8%, U: 13%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »