Who wins control?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:53:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins control?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Who will win Senate control in November?
Republicans

Democrats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Who wins control?  (Read 4799 times)
backtored
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2014, 11:20:46 AM »

Republicans gain 9 seats, South Dakota, West Virginia, Montana, Louisiana, Arkansas, North Carolina, Colorado, Iowa, and Alaska.

With Michigan, possibly a tenth, although I'm now leaning towards a Peters victory.

Lol

But I predict the Democrats retain the Senate, from 50-50 to 52-48

Hey considering the map, it's possible

At this point, it's probably even likely.  I could see a scenario where Braley, Udall, Begich, and Hagan all win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they all lose.  I might give Braley and Begich the smallest of advantages right now, but the national environment might be strong enough to wipe them out, too.

I can't wait until November.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »

And today its up to 67%.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2014, 11:38:30 AM »

The tipping is most likely NC, AK or IA. CO NH and MI would be next. Maybe they will win 11. Maybe they will win 3.

Gardner has been leading in roughly half of last six or seven polls taken in his race.  Brown has led in zero.  Land has led one--YouGov--and trailed by mid to high singe digits in most of the rest.  The truth is that Colorado is at least as likely to flip as Iowa, Alaska, and North Carolina, if not even more likely

The tipping point will likely fall somewhere between Colorado, Iowa, and North Carolina, although I think the GOP will have control of the chamber safely in hand long before December runoffs in LA and/or GA.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2014, 01:50:55 PM by MooMooMoo »

The tipping is most likely NC, AK or IA. CO NH and MI would be next. Maybe they will win 11. Maybe they will win 3.

Gardner has been leading in roughly half of last six or seven polls taken in his race.  Brown has led in zero.  Land has led one--YouGov--and trailed by mid to high singe digits in most of the rest.  The truth is that Colorado is at least as likely to flip as Iowa, Alaska, and North Carolina, if not even more likely.  

The tipping point will likely fall somewhere between Colorado, Iowa, and North Carolina, although I think the GOP will have control of the chamber safely in hand long before December runoffs in LA and/or GA.

Most of those polls were push polls and the race hasn't been polled lately. You want your local party to be strong again. Maybe I'll agree with you once new polls show Gardner ahead in most polls that were not done by CoC.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies