Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:17:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment)  (Read 8875 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: August 20, 2014, 04:49:33 PM »

I echo Sen. Lumine's concerns, and furthermore I'd like to state that, since injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, we are our brothers' and sisters' keeper, and we are as much citizens of the world as South Koreans are, our definitions of "conflicts that concern [Atlasia]" may be different, President TNF, sir.
So...you're basically admitting you want Atlasia to be the world police?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »

... I'm flabbergasted this thing has a chance at passing.
Why?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:17:24 PM »

Nay.

Is this vote on Bore's or JCL's amendment? I oppose both but would just like clarification.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:20:32 PM »

I object. We shouldn't attempt to push a political system on another country any more than we should attempt to push a social or economic system.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:23:02 PM »

Nay
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 10:45:39 PM »

Nay
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 09:45:13 PM »

Anyone want to explain why we should be promoting democracy abroad? Attempting to alter the basic political structure of a foreign country amounts to hyper-imperialism.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 11:15:07 PM »

Aye
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »

Nay

I have deep concerns about the impact on the effectiveness of the force with such a radical restructuring in section 4, with so little transitional issues accounted for and processes established to deal with such.

I am supportive of the rest for the most part.
Why didn't you introduce an amendment to deal with your concerns?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »

I have deep reservations about the unintended consequences of this Bill.
Such as...?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »

Peace has rarely been achieved by engaging in such a massive restructuring of the military with the unintended consequence of debilitating its effectiveness. There are people in the world who take advantage of power vacuums and whilst we have made mistakes that have hurts us in history, hobbling ourselves will neither undo those mistakes any more then it will dissuade rogue states.
Why do you believe this restructuring will hobble us? What power vacuums are you talking about? All of our current bases are still in place.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »

Peace has rarely been achieved by engaging in such a massive restructuring of the military with the unintended consequence of debilitating its effectiveness. There are people in the world who take advantage of power vacuums and whilst we have made mistakes that have hurts us in history, hobbling ourselves will neither undo those mistakes any more then it will dissuade rogue states.
Why do you believe this restructuring will hobble us? What power vacuums are you talking about? All of our current bases are still in place.

The restucutring is conducted two quickly and without much concern for capability.

Whenever you pull out or are perceived as pulling out, that is a power vacuum. That doesn't mean you should never draw down or pull out, it just means you have to consider all the factors when doing so.
We aren't pulling out of anywhere. The bill just collapses some branches of the armed forces into others and reduces overall troop numbers over a five-year period. Since you are the one urging careful consideration, what are some specific concerns (ie, actual situations where this bill would hamper our capability [what ever that means]) you think should have been considered?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies