Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:23:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment)  (Read 8774 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: August 30, 2014, 08:35:55 AM »

Since apparently TNF's amendment is the latest version of the bill, here is my opinion:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A pretty straightofrward and good part of the bill, I guess noone seriously contests this.

Not that that would pass the UN, I think it's at least to show committment from our side. I'm perfectly okay with this as well.

Never is a strong word isn't it? Change 3b to something of the like "that it committs itself to bilateral solutions to conflicts concerning the internal affairs of another nation" or something like this, and I'm on board here as well. 

Probably the "hardest", at least the most controversial part of the whole bill. On the one hand, I always found bases of one country's armed forces in another country near to an undermining of this country's sovereignity. What purpose do Atlasian bases fulfill in Germany, in Italy? I know, San Marino and Luxembourg are really dangerous nations...
On the other hand however, especially in South Korea if nowhere else, these bases probably really help increase this country's security on its borders, in that case North Korea... It would be inconstant if we removed them from Europe but not South Korea and NK would likely see it as a threat or a slight or something... I guess I'll have to think about that part...

I really don't know the first thing about armies, and how they should be structured and about all the things dealt with in this section... Well then, better be silent, I don't know. Since Cassius said that it wasn't that sucessfull in Canada, I guess it's not such a brilliant idea?

No problem with that.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »

Aye

As I said, I don't know much about the issues in now clause 4, but asides from that I'm okay with it.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:00:10 PM »

Those are thoughtful and good changes I can only support
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 11:05:38 AM »

I'm surprised that nobody has raised any qualms about Section 2 yet; attempting to 'democratise' the United Nations is a fools errand, and one that will do great damage to our ability to advance a strong foreign policy that is in Atlasia's interests.
Assuming this would ever happen, since we have four other veto powers...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 02:09:10 AM »

I guess the SoEA would then have to advocate for it, and maybe sometime then announce it? Idk.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:58 AM »

Abstain for the amendment

As I said before, I do not know the first thing about the stuff dealed in clause 4, so I better be silent Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 03:02:18 AM »

Aye
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 04:50:36 AM »

AYE