Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:40:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peace and Prosperity Act of 2014 (Voting on Amendment)  (Read 8747 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:43 AM »

DemPGH supports abolishing the Marines and Coast Guard, the sweeping decommissioning overseas bases, and eliminating "offensive, cross-border military capabilities"? The author of this bill is ill-informed regarding military matters.

I went with Europe/Japan because those countries are perfectly capable of defending themselves, unlike some of the smaller nations I decided not to include in that list on account of, well, those being smaller nations that are less developed and less capable of mounting a stronge defense.

What's wrong with drones?

Opinion of Shinzo Abe?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 05:51:58 AM »

The amendment has been adopted.

I would like to hear from the SecIntAffairs to figure out what needs to be changed to honor our existing treaty obligations.

Lumine and Cassius contest the amendment. So you can't adopt the amendment.

That is not how parliamentary procedure works. You must say "I object".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:04:52 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2014, 10:07:15 AM by Governor Varavour »

Might Senator TNF tell us how he intends to restructure the Korean Armed Forces? Is he aware that, right, the Korean Armed Forces are effectively under the operational control of the United States? How does he intend to guarantee the security of that critical ally? Will he support Shinzo Abe's attempts to amend Japan's constitution to allow for militarisation? How does he intend to prevent further expansion of austerity programmes in response to European countries picking up the slack left by this country? How does the Senator intend to allow the states of eastern Europe to resist further Russian aggression; does the Senator even oppose Russian aggression? Is the Senator aware of each and all of the functions of our overseas bases and the effects their closure would have, particularly on communications and air strikes? Does the Senator think that, for example, we should not be bombing ISIS? Or is just supporting a blanket closure on principle?

Why does the Senator seek the elimination of offensive capabilities of our armed forces? How familiar is the Senator with the the various military doctrines that inform the current composition and organisation of the armed forces? What does he mean by democratic election to the Security Council?  Does he think Nauru having the same vote as this country would be democratic? Or is this, again, all motivated by ideology rather than consideration of realities?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2014, 11:06:08 AM by Governor Varavour »

I am truly honoured to be deemed a "key representative" of "Atlasian Capitalism".

Also, "neo-Nazi Kiev government"... Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies