Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:34:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition?
Yes

No

lolwut

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition?  (Read 2829 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:43:48 PM »

The problem is many of these sheriff's departments are defining "probably cause" as "has a Colorado license plate". Considering how easy it is to transport marijuana and not get caught, I doubt the increased arrests are all solely due to the greater supply. That's basically why the whole bit about the sheriff's departments not making the laws doesn't really hold up. For comparison Pennsylvania gun laws are far more lax than in New Jersey or New York, but that doesn't mean police in those states constantly pull over and search Pennsylvania cars and assume all are carrying guns.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »

A better analogy is the gun laws mentioned above. Hell it even works as an inversion in this case as Colorado has tougher gun laws than all the states in question.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies