Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:22:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition?
Yes

No

lolwut

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Should Colorado have to pay for neighboring state's marijuana prohibition?  (Read 2837 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: August 24, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »

Can't they just increase the amounts required for bail or add additional local civil penalties?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 10:54:50 AM »

Can't they just increase the amounts required for bail or add additional local civil penalties?

Typical Inks

I fully support legalization, but that's not something the sheriffs can change.  There's absolutely no reason Colorado should pay for it, so the remaining options are to not enforce it (which could have its own negative ramifications and cops could lose their jobs if the state still wants it enforced) or offset the costs.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:45:26 PM »

Typical Inks

I fully support legalization, but that's not something the sheriffs can change.  There's absolutely no reason Colorado should pay for it, so the remaining options are to not enforce it (which could have its own negative ramifications and cops could lose their jobs if the state still wants it enforced) or offset the costs.

If the state wants it enforced, they should pay for it then. In any case, I highly doubt any cop is going to lose his job because he didn't incarcerate some dude with weed.

But if the state doesn't increase county jail funding, counties can't force it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »

Typical Inks

If the state wants it enforced, they should pay for it then. In any case, I highly doubt any cop is going to lose his job because he didn't incarcerate some dude with weed.

But if the state doesn't increase county jail funding, counties can't force it.

If the state makes a big deal about border counties not enforcing marijuana laws, there will be pressure on them to fund these counties jails.

My guess would be that there's already pressure if the sheriffs are seeking outside money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies